Norwood Runs 4.39-40 At Combine

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Unofficial, but so much for the average speed consensus. That time, by the way, is the same as Julio's was.
Congrats to Kevin. I think he's helped himself.
The way they adjust the times to be official, I'd guess his final official time will be around 4.42.
sip

37bamagreats55

All-American
Apr 1, 2003
Gardendale, AL
Norwood was a great player for us. He never failed to make the big catch whenever his number was called... I think he was under-utilized considering his abilities and think he will be a good NFL receiver.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Officially, Kevin ran a 4.48.

Why did Bama not utilize his speed more?
For whatever reason he was always running the underneath route with White and Amari going deep. They're probably both a quarter of a step faster and that's probably the reason. I think he could have helped us deep though.

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
Norwood had the talent to do anything at Bama, but he did the short stuff bc it helped the team more. Would you want Amari or Kenny running a slant on 3rd and 8 or would you want Norwood?

Im very happy for him and some nfl team will be lucky to have him.

He also did one more rep at 225 than Odell Beckam.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
Kevin Norwood is probably my favorite player from last year's team. The guy is smart (graduated in 3 years and studied for his Master's degree (don't know if he graduated that yet), no hint of trouble, good looking young man, and seemed to always be a clutch player in difficult situations.

Kevin ran a bit quicker than I expected at the combine and caught well. I wish him all the best in the NFL. I don't expect him to be drafted in the first two rounds but whoever gets him, has a winner.

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
Way to go Kevin! Love to see him go to a good organization.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, so my fat fingers cause misspellings and autocorrect makes my ships into...

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Supposedly one of the knocks on him coming into the combine was his speed. This definitely helps.
Most experts thought he was in the 4.6-4.65 range. I saw him interviewed a few weeks back and he said, "I've never run a 40 that slow in my entire life". He proved it today. I can't find the overall results but I'd bet he did very well in the vertical and broad jumps, because he absolutely leaped over some people in his career. Mainly though, I think he'll impress teams because he comes across as mature and a leader, with high character. They like that.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
I'm really happy Kevin is doing well. He's on my list of favorite Tide players. He should have a long career in the NFL.He will be a bargain for some team. Good luck Kevin! RTR.

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
I've felt for years Norwood would have a long and productive career with the pro's. I just feel the way he uses his body to shield defensive backs, how he wins when it comes to jump balls and how he always played his best in big games is exactly what works in pro ball.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I've felt for years Norwood would have a long and productive career with the pro's. I just feel the way he uses his body to shield defensive backs, how he wins when it comes to jump balls and how he always played his best in big games is exactly what works in pro ball.
He'll be that "Steady Eddie" who catches 35-40 passes a year for ten years or so. Then he'll come back to his home town of D'Iberville(Biloxi), collect a nice pension, and coach. That's what he wants to do.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.