Question: Positions of priority for 2015

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
I think your point is that we are thinner than we thought at corner. Agreed, though I suspect we are taking every corner we can find that our coaches think fit our systems. At least all we can and and still fill other needs on the roster.

That said, Mark Barron played Safety at Alabama.

RammerJammer91

1st Team
Nov 27, 2012
I actually think we'll be pretty deep at corner next season. Eddie, Cyrus, Brown, Hump, Mo Smith, Mink, etc.

Plus, we might also end up with Sheffield.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I actually think we'll be pretty deep at corner next season. Eddie, Cyrus, Brown, Hump, Mo Smith, Mink, etc.

Plus, we might also end up with Sheffield.
I agree. It was an obvious weakness last year and the first couple of games this year but it is now solid and we have a lot of young talent waiting to get on the field. Possibility of Sheffield and Fitzpatrick is committed so we are good to go at CB.

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
Assuming commits stick, there are 6 DBs in this class of 23 so far. Pretty obvious what our staff thinks one of the priorities is.

Sort of surprised there isn't another TE in the group.

Wonder if some of the Gs end up as Ts on the Off Line.

Are we D Harris or no one at RB?
Are we only taking D Payne at DT?

Link to RTR91s list http://www.tidefans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=217253&

Last edited:

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
So...according to the situation with Cager, it looks like Bama may be full? Don't know why they would put him off if Bama had a spot.

BirminghamBAMA

1st Team
Dec 29, 2013
Assuming commits stick, there are 6 DBs in this class of 23 so far. Pretty obvious what our staff thinks one of the priorities is.

Sort of surprised there isn't another TE in the group.

Wonder if some of the Gs end up as Ts on the Off Line.

Are we D Harris or no one at RB?
Are we only taking D Payne at DT?

Link to RTR91s list http://www.tidefans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=217253&
Pertaining to TEs..look out for Tyrone Wheatley Jr. He is still considering Alabama.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Cornerback cornerback cornerback cornerback cornerback cornerback. Oh by the way did I say cornerback? Seriously folks it's not even close, we gave away the store at this position in 2014.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Pertaining to TEs..look out for Tyrone Wheatley Jr. He is still considering Alabama.
I wish, but he and anyone ever connected to Michigan football is going to a longshot now that Harbaugh is there. He will be a Saban-like game changer for that program. Wheatley will be a Wolverine.

BirminghamBAMA

1st Team
Dec 29, 2013
I wish, but he and anyone ever connected to Michigan football is going to a longshot now that Harbaugh is there. He will be a Saban-like game changer for that program. Wheatley will be a Wolverine.
You may be right, but I'm just going off the information I heard. I've heard regardless of his Michigan connection and Harbaugh that Bama is in a great position to land him. I'm not saying he is a lock or anything but Bama has as good a shot as any.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Harbaugh is currently interviewing his dad for a spot in the staff...pretty much seals any glimmer of hope

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The vibe is that OT is the position we have the greatest need to fill, right? Are any of our current commits at OG candidates for transition to OT? Maybe Pettibon? Do we think Womack is a season away from contributing on the field?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.