HaHa tweets a nice compliment to CNS

rickvox79

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2008
Pace, FL

BamaGal99

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 1, 2011
Both good kids! Wish Ha Ha all the best and hope Landon has a monster year! Thankful for Coach Saban every day - not only is he a defensive mastermind that wins games, but he's also a mentor/father figure/role model for our boys to learn from/look up to. So proud to be an Alabama fan! ROLL TIDE!

bamapuppy

1st Team
Mar 28, 2008
Hillsborough, NC
If you look at the history with defensive backs with coach Saban. He consistently takes good players, and transforms them into great players. I understand that he gets the 4, and 5 star kids. But, he makes them first round NFL players. And, we can all agree that there is a big difference between a 5 star top recruit, and a first round NFL draft choice.
I am biased because I grew up a BAMA fan. But, I still do not understand why any defensive back would ever turn down a scholorship offer from coach Saban. Based on the way he prepares kids to be men. Just My Opinion.

Last edited:

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
If you look at the history with defensive backs with coach Saban. He consistently takes good players, and transforms them into great players. I understand that he gets the 4, and 5 star kids. But, he makes them first round NFL players. And, we can all agree that there is a big difference between a 5 star top recruit, and a first round NFL draft choice.
I am biased because I grew up a BAMA fan. But, I still do not understand why any defensive back would ever turn down a scholorship offer from coach Saban. Based on the way he prepares kids to be men. Just My Opinion.
True for more than just DBs, even though that is what he coaches on the field. Lots of players from different positions have said similar things about CNS. Despite the media perception, he gets to know the kids pretty well, and makes sure his coaches are teaching the same principles about the game and life as he does, regardless of position.

PacadermaTideUs

All-American
Dec 10, 2009
Navarre, FL
Landon's sounding like he might be building a good foundation as a team leader. Good to see. Now take these youngsters under your wing and show them what commitment and buy-in can do for you as an individual and as a team.

PacadermaTideUs

All-American
Dec 10, 2009
Navarre, FL

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
It really is amazing how the media drives public perception. Almost everyone I have ever met who hates CNS will say it's because they "don't like his personality," or it's because "he's a jerk." In reality, he is a jerk, but only to the media. It's a stereotype that is firmly planted in the minds of the public because it is the perception that the media pushes.

However, you rarely hear comments like that from his current and former players, or those who have worked with him. No doubt he is direct and demanding, but I don't get the feeling that his players dislike him at all. When you hear the comments his players make about him, see how they interact with him on the sideline, watch the videos like they filmed on his birthday, it seems like he is very well loved. I think coach is much more of a player's coach than people give him credit for.

Combine that with the work he has done in the Tuscaloosa community, plus his efforts after the Ttown tornadoes and the West Virginia floods, and it appears that coach is a real stand-up guy. When you look at the larger picture, It becomes obvious that the public perception of his personality are very misguided in a lot of ways. I'm just happy that those who follow the program get a glimpse of who he really is.

These will be the days that we tell our kids and grandkids about someday, just like my dad and granddad used to tell me about Coach Bryant. We are very blessed to get to enjoy Coach Saban's tenure here in Ttown. This is a great time to be a Bama fan.

RTR

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
You all know how much I respect Saban, not just for his championships, but also for his work in turning boys into men. But we do not KNOW Nick Saban. We see what he wants us to see - nothing more. We can draw conclusions based on what we are allowed to see, but they are educated guesses, at best.

The people that do know him speak very well of him. You just don't hear anything bad about Saban coming from people with whom he has spent a significant amount of time.

bamapuppy

1st Team
Mar 28, 2008
Hillsborough, NC
You all know how much I respect Saban, not just for his championships, but also for his work in turning boys into men. But we do not KNOW Nick Saban. We see what he wants us to see - nothing more. We can draw conclusions based on what we are allowed to see, but they are educated guesses, at best.

The people that do know him speak very well of him. You just don't hear anything bad about Saban coming from people with whom he has spent a significant amount of time.
We can see the fruits of his labor. He is really good at taking boy's, and turning them into resposible men that are prepared to face the challenges of life. And the young men appreicate this once they become men. They might hate it when he is working their butt off, but when they get to the NFL, they are grateful that he has prepared them for the next level. Just My Opinion.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
If someone brags about being humble are they being humble?
Ha! I know you have it in blue font, but that is exactly what I thought when I first read it.

I actually thought he might have been trying to just be funny when I first read it.

wsims74

3rd Team
Apr 30, 2013
marquis johnson got to play in the nfl.. I think that is the best proof that CNS can take even the worst and make them serviceable dbs

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.

I think you're 100% correct. We only see his guarded public persona and he is very careful what he lets people see. We got a glimpse of the other side after last years LSU game. I think we all were surprised when he jumped onto AJ. It was the side we don't usually see.

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
I thought he was advising others following his path that learning The Process would help in goals for the future.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.