Link: Three Reasons for Hope with Alabama Basketball, Three More to Lose It

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Crazy how high some of Bama's out-of-conference opponents are now. Who knows what would have happened if they had played a few lesser teams and won more games before going into conference play? I don't think playing the tough schedule hurt Bama but losing so many may have impacted their psyche. They managed to lose to some bad teams early as well so I don't think this was an issue even though I brought it up.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I honestly didn't realize our schedule was that tough.

Guess we could have expected a few more regular season losses.

However, as the article cites, we competed in the tougher games, but the unforgiving part is how we haven't competed against equal or lesser talent.

Oh yeah, and didn't we hire grant to bring a high pressure, intense defense???

beatthemtigers

All-American
Jan 4, 2006
Still some games left, didn't miss st or Georgia win the sec tourney few years back with under 500 record? Or someone I thought. All It takes Is to get hot at the right time. I'm still one of the believers where Grant isn't our problem, But no need to discuss all that again. A win tonight would be huge in regards to momentum.

TommyMac

Hall of Fame
Apr 24, 2001
Mobile, Alabama
Still some games left, didn't miss st or Georgia win the sec tourney few years back with under 500 record? Or someone I thought. All It takes Is to get hot at the right time. I'm still one of the believers where Grant isn't our problem, But no need to discuss all that again. A win tonight would be huge in regards to momentum.

He's at the tail end of his 5th year, don't know where else you can lay the blame?

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Not buying we can even win a first round game, but if we played lights out one game and got out of the first round I just don't see this teaming putting together multiple big wins. Sorry for being a negative nellie.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Kind of like a third marriage -- the triumph of untested hope over proven experience.

37bamagreats55

All-American
Apr 1, 2003
Gardendale, AL
Not buying we can even win a first round game, but if we played lights out one game and got out of the first round I just don't see this teaming putting together multiple big wins. Sorry for being a negative nellie.
I agree. We have a hard enough time putting anything close to a 40-minute game together for me to believe we can win multiple games against better competition (FL/KY/TN) and some of the other SEC teams.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
Seriously? Under CAG if you are anybody but TR the surest way to find yourself taken out of the gameplan is to hit for 24 or more points.

It looks as if CAG is taking his coaching philosophy from the Hoosiers movie. 4 passes before taking a shot. TR is our Jimmie Chitwood. Nobody else is cleared to take an open shot. If you score but not within the kill the clock gameplan you find yourself on the bench.

Sent from my LG-P930 using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.