Postgame thread - UA vs. OM...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I'm not sure there's much demand for this thread, but I guess I'll see. Since I couldn't participate in the thread, a lot of this might have been touched on in the game thread. I think I did see that Jacobs' absence had a huge effect. They couldn't handle him last game. TR is bothered more by the bad leg than I thought. Every shot begins with your legs. Randolph was forbidden to shoot treys again, as he was earlier in the season (comes from a confidential source). In fact, I began to wonder if he took the bit in his teeth and disregarded AG last game and he was so hot, he just couldn't take him out. If so, then he was sent a lesson in not starting. I saw somewhere that he had a leg injury, but that wasn't apparent when he finally got in the game. Nice to see freshman break out. We'll need him next season - along with someone to feed him the ball. I just don't know what to make of RO's play...

37bamagreats55

All-American
Apr 1, 2003
Gardendale, AL
I'm not sure there's much demand for this thread, but I guess I'll see. Since I couldn't participate in the thread, a lot of this might have been touched on in the game thread. I think I did see that Jacobs' absence had a huge effect. They couldn't handle him last game.

Rebounding:
Ole Miss 42
Alabama 24

I'm shocked we "only" lost by a dozen after seeing that stat.

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
I'm not sure there's much demand for this thread, but I guess I'll see. Since I couldn't participate in the thread, a lot of this might have been touched on in the game thread. I think I did see that Jacobs' absence had a huge effect. They couldn't handle him last game. TR is bothered more by the bad leg than I thought. Every shot begins with your legs. Randolph was forbidden to shoot treys again, as he was earlier in the season (comes from a confidential source). In fact, I began to wonder if he took the bit in his teeth and disregarded AG last game and he was so hot, he just couldn't take him out. If so, then he was sent a lesson in not starting. I saw somewhere that he had a leg injury, but that wasn't apparent when he finally got in the game. Nice to see freshman break out. We'll need him next season - along with someone to feed him the ball. I just don't know what to make of RO's play...
Why in the hell would you forbid your players to attempt a three point shot?

Boggles the mind.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Why in the hell would you forbid your players to attempt a three point shot?

Boggles the mind.
He dictates in great detail what each player should or should not do under any particular circumstance. They are playing in a straitjacket, except for a couple. I would have thought that would have been obvious even to a casual observer by now...

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
Fairly apparent to me that CAG is a control freak and can't get out of his own way in coaching this team...

Sent from my LG-P930 using Tapatalk

BamaMike05

All-American
Jul 4, 2009
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
He dictates in great detail what each player should or should not do under any particular circumstance. They are playing in a straitjacket, except for a couple. I would have thought that would have been obvious even to a casual observer by now...
This IMO is exactly why we have to go in a different direction! There can't be a lame duck coach. Keeping CAG one more season is just lowering the buyout. It would not be any better no matter how good the recruiting class is.

I think tonight was CAG being stubborn. Our offense looked nothing like Saturday. I know Ole Miss played more zone than Mizzou (don't recall them playing much if any at all) but we went back to having to wait until there were 10 seconds on the shot clock to even shoot.

If we aren't careful are program will be run into the ground just like the women's program.

It absolutely kills me that we are most likely going to be the 12 or 13 seed in the SEC tournament. I was going to drive down to the game on Saturday, but I'm not sure if I want to pay the money to do so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaMike05

All-American
Jul 4, 2009
Heck, our women have won a couple pretty big games this season. Things, I believe, are beginning to look up for them. But, I get your point.
Our women have won a few big games, but still have a losing record in conference. We now have the right women's coach, now we have to get the players, but look how long it took.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
I saw somewhere that he had a leg injury, but that wasn't apparent when he finally got in the game.
I have to go with the official party line, as given on the radio broadcast. He was wearing a brace, of sorts, so he may have some problems.

There is probably a bigger problem, as well. I'll leave it at that.

Nice to see freshman break out. We'll need him next season - along with someone to feed him the ball. I just don't know what to make of RO's play...
Yes, the new kid looked good. RO's play, or lack of it, is particularly disturbing. He looked poised to have a good season, based on how he was progressing, last season. But, that is a common trend these days.

Getting killed on the boards galls me more than the straitjacket offense. Especially when the other team gets so many second-chance points, and we struggle to just get an offensive board. Which usually doesn't net points.

bamahippie

All-SEC
Apr 8, 2000
Cullman, AL
Randolph was forbidden to shoot treys again, as he was earlier in the season (comes from a confidential source). In fact, I began to wonder if he took the bit in his teeth and disregarded AG last game and he was so hot, he just couldn't take him out. If so, then he was sent a lesson in not starting. I saw somewhere that he had a leg injury, but that wasn't apparent when he finally got in the game.
And to hear Levi's exuberance in the post-game interview after the Missouri game, it sounded like a man who was unshackled. If what you say is true, then last night had to be truly demoralizing to him. I was sort of riding the fence on whether CAG should be gone, but this last bit of garbage has pushed me over. What I don't understand is the stubbornness, the unwillingness to change to fit his cast of characters, that HE recruited. If they can't do what he thought or what he wants, why can't he tweak the formula, so that they can win? Because this team is talented enough to win. If he is not satisfied with how they are playing their roles, change the roles to fit their talents! And I'm only talking X's and O's, but it also makes me wonder how bad some of the discipline 'issues' really are, if he is that extreme of a control freak. There are several players on this team that would have more points-per-game average, though their field goal percentage may take a slight hit, and their defensive stats would either be about the same or improve slightly, all if they were playing a style that suited them. <Sigh> It's time to move on...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I have to go with the official party line, as given on the radio broadcast. He was wearing a brace, of sorts, so he may have some problems.

There is probably a bigger problem, as well. I'll leave it at that.

Yes, the new kid looked good. RO's play, or lack of it, is particularly disturbing. He looked poised to have a good season, based on how he was progressing, last season. But, that is a common trend these days.

Getting killed on the boards galls me more than the straitjacket offense. Especially when the other team gets so many second-chance points, and we struggle to just get an offensive board. Which usually doesn't net points.
I didn't notice the brace. That alone could be enough to ruin his confidence...

wsims74

3rd Team
Apr 30, 2013
imho levi's problem isn't coach restriction it is lack of confidence to shoot. he did shoot and miss one three and three total jumpers... (so he started hesitating)

BigA

Scout Team
Dec 21, 2013
Trussville, Al
Tough to win any game when you essentially have a 6 man rotation. Key and Enstrom continue to be non-factors/non-contributors and when Taylor gets in foul trouble...well results like last night (major rebounding disadvantage, team has only enough energy to come back from deficit to cut it to 6...but with limited numbers cannot finish). It seems like limited numbers has been an issue we have had for the past 5 years.

BamaMike05

All-American
Jul 4, 2009
Tough to win any game when you essentially have a 6 man rotation. Key and Enstrom continue to be non-factors/non-contributors and when Taylor gets in foul trouble...well results like last night (major rebounding disadvantage, team has only enough energy to come back from deficit to cut it to 6...but with limited numbers cannot finish). It seems like limited numbers has been an issue we have had for the past 5 years.
With 5 years there is no one to blame for this, but CAG himself!

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Rebounding:
Ole Miss 42
Alabama 24

I'm shocked we "only" lost by a dozen after seeing that stat.
The earlier game against Ole Miss revealed that they do not have a strong inside game. Taylor and Engstrom were both out of the game for a very long time leaving Hale as the only "somewhat big" person; loss of Jacobs also noted earlier was huge against a team like Ole Miss.

Maybe so but logic just argues that this can't be true so we tend not to believe what we see...:mad2:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.