It's official - Russia enters Crimea

Status
Not open for further replies.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
Re: It's official - Russian enter Crimea

I got a novel idea. Let's heap the worst most destructive legislation ever imposed on the citizens, then have a Major League Goon come out and call those suffering from the fallout liars.

Oh, wait. that's the #1 domestic fubar.

My bad.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

I just don't think people understand how fragile a situation this is -- and if China decided to make a move on Japan -- like some of the rumors out there -- things can unwind very quickly -- and 95% of the county are clueless.....it's scary.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/462565/China-and-Japan-on-the-brink-of-Third-World-War

As China flexes its military might, with huge increases in defence spending and increasingly assertive patrols in disputed territories, Japan has compared the tensions to those between England and Germany before the First World War.

So far it has been a war of words.

However, historian Niall Ferguson has warned that US President Barack Obama’s policy of non-intervention, or, as he puts it, his being “resolved only to avoid being George W Bush”, also resembles the incoherent foreign policies of British Liberals a century ago before the First World War.

G-VilleTider

Suspended
Aug 17, 2006

I just don't think people understand how fragile a situation this is -- and if China decided to make a move on Japan -- like some of the rumors out there -- things can unwind very quickly -- and 95% of the county are clueless.....it's scary.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/462565/China-and-Japan-on-the-brink-of-Third-World-War
North Korea scares me more because China would go to war reluctantly while North Korea's dictator may be thinking Yay! the perfection scenario has just opened up for me to start the war that will force China and Russia to back me vs the US.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX

North Korea scares me more because China would go to war reluctantly while North Korea's dictator may be thinking Yay! the perfection scenario has just opened up for me to start the war that will force China and Russia to back me vs the US.
South Korea doesn't need us. All they need to do is have steaming pots of rice and kimchee. The NKA will drop their weapons and coming running like the poor, starved scarecrows they are.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.

Short memory :eek:
Not really.
Let's renew the bidding.
Moron-in-Chief has cancelled the paralympics. Wow, the gloves are off, now.
The One has cancelled the deployment of interceptor missiles that would have helped protect friends from intimidation from Putin.
The One told the Russian President (and Putin puppet) that once he got re-elected, he would have "a lot more flexibility" to push through policies Putin would like.
The One is in the process of neutering the armed forces (both quality and quantity) through silly policies that have more to do with furthering his left-wing social engineering goals, than preparing the armed forces for the next conflict. Soldiers will pay for this malfeasance with their blood. Perhaps sooner than we think.
Yeah, I'd say he is pretty much an empty shirt. In way over his head.

Heck, I'm surprised he hasn't taken off on vacation or gone to play golf again.

Last edited:

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX

Not really.
Let's renew the bidding.
Moron-in-Chief has cancelled the deployment of interceptor missiles that would have helped protect friends from intimidation from Putin.
The Moron-in-Chief told the Russian President (and Putin puppet) that once he got re-elected, he would have "a lot more flexibility" to push through policies Putin would like.
Moron-in-Chief is in the process of neutering the armed forces (both quality and quantity) through idiotic policies that further his left-wing social engineering goals, but do nothing to prepare the armed forces for the next conflict. Soldiers will pay for this malfeasance with their blood. Perhaps sooner than we think.

Michelle Obama to vacation in China March 19-26th.

http://misguidedchildren.com/domestic-affairs/2014/03/michelle-obama-to-vacation-in-china/16330

Now this could really get interesting.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA

Not really.
Let's renew the bidding.
Moron-in-Chief has cancelled the deployment of interceptor missiles that would have helped protect friends from intimidation from Putin.
The Moron-in-Chief told the Russian President (and Putin puppet) that once he got re-elected, he would have "a lot more flexibility" to push through policies Putin would like.
Moron-in-Chief is in the process of neutering the armed forces (both quality and quantity) through idiotic policies that further his left-wing social engineering goals, but do nothing to prepare the armed forces for the next conflict. Soldiers will pay for this malfeasance with their blood. Perhaps sooner than we think.

How many are dead as a result of "Moron-in-Chief". At last count it looks like zero. Its easy to sit back and call names but there has been VERY little substance proposed on this board beyond calling names. :rolleyes:

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al

Name calling always adds great credence to a post. Reminds me of a kindergarten.

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida

How many are dead as a result of "Moron-in-Chief". At last count it looks like zero. Its easy to sit back and call names but there has been VERY little substance proposed on this board beyond calling names. :rolleyes:
Several thousand US troops have died since Obama has been in office. At last count that's several thousand more than zero.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.

How many are dead as a result of "Moron-in-Chief".
None so far today, but the day is young.
When the butcher's bill on this one comes in, it could be quote large.
At last count it looks like zero. Its easy to sit back and call names
It's also a lot of fun.
but there has been VERY little substance proposed on this board beyond calling names. :rolleyes:
He wanted the job. And he has no clue how to handle it.
It does not fit his ideological lenses, so he is befuddled.

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida

To be fair to Obama, the man only has backgrounds in community organizing (convincing dumb people they are entitled to the property of smart people), being a fringe adjunct professor to pad his resume while running for political office, and voting "present" while in office. So, while he may be a laughing stock on the international stage, in this modern climate of everyone get's a participation trophy and Barry's history of affirmative action social promotion ........ um, yeah sure, he's a really good president.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

Y'all feel free to do whatever you want, but I'd really love it if this thread could remain focused on what's happening in Ukraine and not dissolve into yet another 'my team vs your team' debate. I think this could be a very real game-changer in world politics (if not more), or at least a harbinger of such.

We've got tons of threads about how awesome / awful Obama, Bush, Clinton, Reagan, etc were. I think it would be wonderful if we let this one stay more on topic instead of using the topic to play politics. Sure, there will be commentary on Obama as he's the CIC and the face of the USA right now, but it would be nice if it didn't have to degrade into another 'I'm the mirror, you're the glue' thread.

Just my .02, like I said, do what you want.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

A close friend of mine, whose father is a high-ranking official in the EU posted this earlier:
In the long term Russia can only lose from all this. It will take years or decades before governments and "the markets" forgive that very XIXth century move. I sure hope no shots will be fired tomorrow, but Ukrainians have their pride. So far they should be proud to have resisted the heavy russian provocations. But I wouldn't be surprised if tomorrow they refuse to surrender. Russia will pay for this, literally. And has already started - their currency has plummeted. A good occasion to witness "Soft Power" becoming a real weapon maybe? Which could eventually lead to the demise of Putin & co. by forcing Russia into very difficult times of social tensions & unrest. Too bad innocent Russian citizens will also have to suffer from very poor political decisions.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.

Name calling always adds great credence to a post. Reminds me of a kindergarten.
The current occupant is proof that when your ideology and the world do not match up, the world isn't wrong.
Who was it that chastised his opponent for assessing that the Russians were the most serious threat to the United States? Who said, “The 1980s called, they want their foreign policy back.”
Arrogance and lack of understanding are a poor basis a foreign policy.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

A close friend of mine, whose father is a high-ranking official in the EU posted this earlier:
Putin is old school -- and old school tactics allow him to flex his muscles. I personally think he's a nut case -- but that's definitely bad for all of us, if he is.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins

If the US and Europe stand firm with sanctions, this seems a reasonable prediction. A concern is that some nations (aka, France) might provide under the table support to the Russian economy.

Even though these are just economic and diplomatic sanctions, it's in the west's/NATO's/Europe's best interests to act quickly and decisively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.