Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA

Nate Harris

All-SEC
Dec 7, 2003
Belle Mina, AL
Re: It's official - Russian enter Crimea

The geographic obstacles that would confront an American military intervention would be absolutely ridiculus. We have almost no strategic interest in Ukraine itself. They're symbolically important as a nation that has resisted Russian dominance. Otherwise, Ukraine is of little real world value to us. I don't think anyone here wants to deal with the problems that could come up. It's not worth American lives.

About the most we're ever gonna do here is levy economic sanctions against Russia in coordination with the EU. We don't have anything to gain by getting in deeper. A shooting war involving American troops would be massively unpopular on the home front. The reasons to keep it all at arm's length are obvious, regardless of who's sitting in the Oval Office.

The Ukrainian insurgents want to become members of the EU. It's their problem. Let Europe, Ukraine and Russia sort it out. We don't have a dog in this fight.

Last edited:

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

The geographic obstacles that would confront an American military intervention would be absolutely ridiculus. We have almost no strategic interest in Ukraine itself. They're symbolically important as a nation that has resisted Russian dominance. Otherwise, Ukraine is of little real world value to us. I don't think anyone here wants to deal with the problems that could come up. It's not worth American lives.

About the most we're ever gonna do here is levy economic sanctions against Russia in coordination with the EU. We don't have anything to gain by getting in deeper. A shooting war involving American troops would be massively unpopular on the home front. The reasons to keep it all at arm's length are obvious, regardless of who's sitting in the Oval Office.

The Ukrainian insurgents want to become members of the EU. It's their problem. Let Europe, Ukraine and Russia sort it out. We don't have a dog in this fight.
Neville Chamberlain sends you his very best ;)

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia

I totally get what you mean. We should copy Hitler's Russian invasion under the command of OBAMA! What could possibly go wrong?

Let's go! :)
Lets holdoff until our defense drawdown is complete just to make it interesting.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al

The forgotten treaty which could drag the US and UK into WAR with Russia if Putin's troops intervene in Ukraine

A treaty signed in 1994 by the US and Britain could pull both countries into a war to protect Ukraine if President Putin's troops cross into the country.

Some good pictures and a video. Sorry bout the small font.
Hopefully Russia is just trying to protect its Crimean naval base and ethnic Russians in the Crimea.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-difficult-avoid-going-war.html#ixzz2uiv2NfDy
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-difficult-avoid-going-war.html#ixzz2uiuls3EL
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009

As I understand it, Russia has a fleet based in a Crimean port. Crimea was not even a part of Ukraine until fairly recently. In reality, they are different cultures.
Unless/until Pootin sends massive equipment and personnel towards the "real" Ukraine, not necessarily anything to get excited about right now, but Ol Bama needs to get Pootin on the red phone and get talking quick or this might become much more serious. Hence my thread on the Rusky spy ship in Cuba.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX

Nate and I agree on this one.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL

I agree with you.

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA

As I understand it, Russia has a fleet based in a Crimean port. Crimea was not even a part of Ukraine until fairly recently. In reality, they are different cultures.
Unless/until Pootin sends massive equipment and personnel towards the "real" Ukraine, not necessarily anything to get excited about right now, but Ol Bama needs to get Pootin on the red phone and get talking quick or this might become much more serious. Hence my thread on the Rusky spy ship in Cuba.
Sebastopol. The Black Sea Fleet. They've been there for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.