Not open for further replies.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Re: It's official - Russian enter Crimea

This is how World Wars start.
Used to start. Our fearless leader has no intension of fighting. Maybe he can try to "shame" Putin into submission.

Outside of maybe Germany (maybe), the rest of the Western powers are way too soft.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

Used to start. Our fearless leader has no intension of fighting. Maybe he can try to "shame" Putin into submission.
All it takes is one - FDR wasn't chomping at the bit to go to war, either. Japan started its war with China in 1937 and the Germans & Russians invaded Poland in 1939 - we sat on the sidelines until we were attacked in Dec '41.

Do I think were' seeing the beginning of WWIII? I honestly doubt it. But historically these things have a way of ramping up slowly and before you know it...

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA

Outside of maybe Germany (maybe), the rest of the Western powers are way too soft.
Please clarify. Are you for direct US military action?:confused:

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX

All it takes is one - FDR wasn't chomping at the bit to go to war, either. Japan started its war with China in 1937 and the Germans & Russians invaded Poland in 1939 - we sat on the sidelines until we were attacked in Dec '41.

Do I think were' seeing the beginning of WWIII? I honestly doubt it. But historically these things have a way of ramping up slowly and before you know it...
I read somewhere where Russian soldiers were allegedly telling folks they were going to Odessa. If so, this doesn't surprise me as that was my original contention when Russia took Crimea. Russia will absorb the break away provinces, take southern Ukraine to have a land connection to Crimea and take Odessa which has historical significance in the Russian empires and also by taking Odessa, have a land connection to Moldova and the breakaway province of Transnistria which is under the effective control of Russia now. By doing so will also land lock Ukraine and Putin can squeeze them even more as he so pleases.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX

This is why Ukraine doesn't have a shot in Hades of winning either. Look at the guts on these old men in Ukraine's army.

They don't even appear to have matching uniforms. Not much of an army if you ask me.

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN

This is why Ukraine doesn't have a shot in Hades of winning either. Look at the guts on these old men in Ukraine's army.

They don't even appear to have matching uniforms. Not much of an army if you ask me.
The guy in the middle is wearing a onesie.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.

The Ukrainian Armed Forces have appeared to be remarkably amateurish throughout this.
If I lived next door to a huge aggressive country with irredentist aspirations, I think I'd spend some coin to make sure I had a serous army. Not necessarily serious enough to defeat Russia (which would be a tall order) but serious enough to make Russia think twice.
Ukraine seems to have done this on the cheap and is paying for it now.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA

The Ukrainian Armed Forces have appeared to be remarkably amateurish throughout this.
If I lived next door to a huge aggressive country with irredentist aspirations, I think I'd spend some coin to make sure I had a serous army. Not necessarily serious enough to defeat Russia (which would be a tall order) but serious enough to make Russia think twice.
Ukraine seems to have done this on the cheap and is paying for it now.
I guess they are relying on the Budapest Memorandum too much.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA

FWIW
"At every step, Russia has come before this Council to say everything except the truth," Power said. "It has manipulated. It has obfuscated. It has outright lied. So we have learned to measure Russia by its actions and not by its words."

"The mask is coming off," Power said. "In these acts — these recent acts — we see Russia’s actions for what they are: a deliberate effort to support, and now fight alongside, illegal separatists in another sovereign country."

She spoke at an emergency meeting of the U.N. Security Council convened just hours after the reported troop movements.

Read more: http://thehill.com/policy/international/216188-us-russia-has-outright-lied#ixzz3Bn47f5Zp
Follow us: @thehill on Twitter | TheHill on Facebook

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX

The UN? The only two countries that could stop Russia or at least present a formidable challenge are the US and China. China doesn't care that Russia is doing it and probably supports them. We don't have a dog in the fight so to speak, and I'm not sure we have a leader capable of leading such an endeavor if we did.

formersoldier71

All-American
May 9, 2004
Jasper, AL

I think FDR did want to go to war. The reason he didn't was because of the heavily isolationist stance of the American public. Pearl Harbor solved that for him.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX

I think FDR did want to go to war. The reason he didn't was because of the heavily isolationist stance of the American public. Pearl Harbor solved that for him.
The NWO just needs the event. The bank cartel and the military complex are hungry for war. War means borrowing, borrowing means more debt.

It's a win/win for those two entities.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

He was quite content watching US businesses to rake in dough without having to get knee-deep in the middle...

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

Unless / until the UN security council is able to act without a unanimous decision, it will remain powerless.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

Even if they were able to act without a unanimous decision, what would that act be?
I'm not suggesting there are any clear answers, just that the whole point of the UN is to be able to mobilize for this sort of situation, but then they include bylaws that essentially neuter themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.