ESPN 103.3 in Dallas take on :10 rule

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
On the way home flip to 103.3 ESPN Dallas to hear the funniest crap I've heard in a while. Nick Saban is bribing the rules committee to get the :10 rule passed. Using the money from the car dealership the University bought him to keep him from going to Texas. Never knew we provide car dealerships as compensation.

Almost as comical, the radio idiots and Jerry Jones see Johnny Football as unstoppable in the NFL. Can't wait for a safety or LB to send Johnny off on a stretcher.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
On the way home flip to 103.3 ESPN Dallas to hear the funniest crap I've heard in a while. Nick Saban is bribing the rules committee to get the :10 rule passed. Using the money from the car dealership the University bought him to keep him from going to Texas. Never knew we provide car dealerships as compensation.

Almost as comical, the radio idiots and Jerry Jones see Johnny Football as unstoppable in the NFL. Can't wait for a safety or LB to send Johnny off on a stretcher.
I hope you're talking about callers-in, and not hosts...

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I don't think he is - I think he means the moronic hosts we have here, which is why I was asking whom.

We used to have our own Finebaum, a dude named Randy Galloway, who retired awhile back. (You saw him on the "Pony Excess" 30 for 30 on SMU if you saw that). They keep changing up around here who has a show. My guess is that he's talking about Tim Cowlishaw (from "Around the Horn") and Matt Moseley, who are about as ignorant as the average ESPN commentator.

Remember the stories you've told about Texans in Colorado and their whole mentality? You ought to have the misfortune to live among it. They almost make Barners seem rational. I stayed away from most "Saban to Texas" threads (other than the mega-thread) because I've been dealing with it since 2010.

Their logic? "Saban's coming because we can pay him more than y'all can. He says he's not but he's said that before. And besides, Franchione left y'all and we gawt more money than A und M."

You hear that for nearly four years and it will jade your nerves. THAT'S the fans.

Whether or not this was the hosts or the below 20 IQ level folks who call in.....good question. The hosts on 105.3 here (the non-ESPN sports station) actually seem to be pretty good.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Nope, it is the morons that has Saturday midday. Got better as they went on... Suggested Sumlin and Briles need to pool their money to counter Sabans bribes... Also ripped Bielma a new one over his sorry excuses and using the dead Cal player to push his opinion.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
I don't think he is - I think he means the moronic hosts we have here, which is why I was asking whom.

We used to have our own Finebaum, a dude named Randy Galloway, who retired awhile back. (You saw him on the "Pony Excess" 30 for 30 on SMU if you saw that). They keep changing up around here who has a show. My guess is that he's talking about Tim Cowlishaw (from "Around the Horn") and Matt Moseley, who are about as ignorant as the average ESPN commentator.

Remember the stories you've told about Texans in Colorado and their whole mentality? You ought to have the misfortune to live among it. They almost make Barners seem rational. I stayed away from most "Saban to Texas" threads (other than the mega-thread) because I've been dealing with it since 2010.

Their logic? "Saban's coming because we can pay him more than y'all can. He says he's not but he's said that before. And besides, Franchione left y'all and we gawt more money than A und M."

You hear that for nearly four years and it will jade your nerves. THAT'S the fans.

Whether or not this was the hosts or the below 20 IQ level folks who call in.....good question. The hosts on 105.3 here (the non-ESPN sports station) actually seem to be pretty good.
I agree 105.3 seems to have decent hosts. The guys on the ticket are good but, more the TMZ of sports radio.... So glad Galloway finally shut up...

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Nope, it is the morons that has Saturday midday. Got better as they went on... Suggested Sumlin and Briles need to pool their money to counter Sabans bribes... Also ripped Bielma a new one over his sorry excuses and using the dead Cal player to push his opinion.
But not a word about "if Colt hadn't been hurt...." - right?

:)

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Let me examine the logic here. We're buying him a car dealership (actually, they have to win the lawsuit brought by Crown Motors, which will take years) and it's already producing him enough money to bribe the Rules Committee, but they still have more money than we and can pay him more? Talking about muddle-brained! And these people can actually get air time?

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Let me examine the logic here. We're buying him a car dealership (actually, they have to win the lawsuit brought by Crown Motors, which will take years) and it's already producing him enough money to bribe the Rules Committee, but they still have more money than we and can pay him more? Talking about muddle-brained! And these people can actually get air time?
Yes you've got it.

Same logic Barners use to say we set up Manziel and Winston.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
I agree 105.3 seems to have decent hosts. The guys on the ticket are good but, more the TMZ of sports radio.... So glad Galloway finally shut up...
Really? Maybe 105.3 has improved, in the last year, but I didn't think it was possible to come up with a worse sports talk station, than the 2 we already had.

As for 103.3..............hard to believe the collective IQ went down, after Galloway left. Last time I listened to it, they were still saying Saban was going to Bevo U, even after word leaked out it was going to be Charlie Strong.

AgentAntiOrange

1st Team
Dec 30, 2009
Norman, OK
In this part of the country.....

• The 0:10 rule is entirely CNS doing. He used his muscle to force the SEC office to buy into this and then the the SEC -no more than an extension of CNS- will use it's muscle to force this rule on the country to protect CNS one weakness.
  • CNS and Alabama underestimated OU and the Big XII in general and wouldn't survive out here where teams aren't afraid to go after Alabama aggressively. SEC teams know not to make waves by beating Alabama and going after us aggressively.
  • Alabama clearly cheats at recruiting and is protected by the league office. Players leaving the program are given hush money.

The list goes on....rules against returning FG attempts, cash flowing through dorms like a river, conspiracies about the SEC protecting us and the NCAA protecting the SEC, and more. OU beating Alabama seems to have opened the flood gates for some to just throw anything out there publicly regardless of how dumb it might be because no one is going to question it out here.

wishbonesooner

1st Team
Jun 26, 2001
Shawnee, OK USA
I've been telling you folks for years the Longhorn mentality is scary at best.
As far as the thought that OU beat Bama by going at them aggressively, I think most Sooner fans knew Bama wasn't fired up to play that night.It was a good win for us, and it's time to move on and get ready for next season.

rickvox79

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2008
Pace, FL
In this part of the country.....

• The 0:10 rule is entirely CNS doing. He used his muscle to force the SEC office to buy into this and then the the SEC -no more than an extension of CNS- will use it's muscle to force this rule on the country to protect CNS one weakness.
  • CNS and Alabama underestimated OU and the Big XII in general and wouldn't survive out here where teams aren't afraid to go after Alabama aggressively. SEC teams know not to make waves by beating Alabama and going after us aggressively.
  • Alabama clearly cheats at recruiting and is protected by the league office. Players leaving the program are given hush money.

The list goes on....rules against returning FG attempts, cash flowing through dorms like a river, conspiracies about the SEC protecting us and the NCAA protecting the SEC, and more. OU beating Alabama seems to have opened the flood gates for some to just throw anything out there publicly regardless of how dumb it might be because no one is going to question it out here.

I've become numb towards the hate we receive at this point. I'm indifferent towards it, better to be hated than be so irrelevant that you're dismissed outright I guess. Saban is the anti-christ, the REC is the "Skull & Bones" of the college football world, the moon landing was filmed in a studio, Bear Bryant and Elvis are still alive and hiding out in Bolivia with Butch Cassidy. I think competing fan bases sometimes try to see who can come up with the most ludicrous theories, but at least they're good for a laugh.

Wishbonesooner, I give OU more credit than "Bama wasn't fired up." You guys came to play with a chip on your shoulder, had a great gameplan and executed it. You out played us in all phases and deserve credit. I've said it before but congrats to you guys, if we're gonna get beat then I'm glad its by a team and program I have a lot of respect for.

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
I've been telling you folks for years the Longhorn mentality is scary at best.
No arguments here.

As far as the thought that OU beat Bama by going at them aggressively, I think most Sooner fans knew Bama wasn't fired up to play that night.It was a good win for us, and it's time to move on and get ready for next season.
I'll give your team more credit than that. They played very well, and had a very good game plan.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.