Grant has offered 6'8 PF Jackson Davis class of 14

BamaMTA06

All-SEC
Sep 9, 2007
Jeff Garrett will also be in town this weekend as well as devin mitchell who according to him will try his best to recruit Jackson and Jeff while he is in town
Garrett took the full ride to Samford. I dont thing he had an offer from us.

I wish we wouldn't have passed on CJ Turman when William Lee was considered a lock to us.

pchil86

3rd Team
Feb 16, 2014

I wish we wouldn't have passed on CJ Turman when William Lee was considered a lock to us.
From my understanding, Jeff Garrett is still uncommitted and is still very much interested in us....I know we offered him and he's still gonna be on his official visit to us this weekend

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

247 doesn't show Garrett with an offer from Samford and shows he's still uncommitted. I do see Gerald Smith from Carbon Hill is signing with Samford, though.

Last edited:

TheAccountant

All-SEC
Mar 22, 2011
Birmingham
Everyone on the Fire Grant bandwagon should remind themselves of this - often.
Again, speaks to the job he's done when one of the things his supporters use to prop him up is "he found some diamond in the rough recruits but had them 'stolen' away by a better program". If if and buts were candy and nuts... no coach would be fired.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Again, speaks to the job he's done when one of the things his supporters use to prop him up is "he found some diamond in the rough recruits but had them 'stolen' away by a better program". If if and buts were candy and nuts... no coach would be fired.
Folks want to criticize Grant for his recruiting ability. What is he supposed to do when he has a guy like Willie Cauley-Stein ready to sign his LOI until Calapari calls with an offer? What is he supposed to do when a guy like DeVon Walker isn't highly recruited until Bama starts recruiting him?

It's not a way to prop him up. It's a way to knock down the absurd mindset that the man can't recruit.

rolltideallday

1st Team
Dec 18, 2011
Tuscaloosa, AL
Grant sucks because Florida and Kentucky are considered more attractive basketball schools

Folks want to criticize Grant for his recruiting ability. What is he supposed to do when he has a guy like Willie Cauley-Stein ready to sign his LOI until Calapari calls with an offer? What is he supposed to do when a guy like DeVon Walker isn't highly recruited until Bama starts recruiting him?

It's not a way to prop him up. It's a way to knock down the absurd mindset that the man can't recruit.

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama

That's like criticizing Dan Mullen for losing recruits to Alabama and LSU.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.