Grant has offered 6'8 PF Jackson Davis class of 14

pchil86

3rd Team
Feb 16, 2014
Grant just offered this guy....he's from Kentucky....he had 32 points and 31 rebounds his last hs game....I guess Nick Jacobs isn't returning....glad to see grant pro actively looking for a replacement....sounds like he could be a big get for us...especially on the rebounding side of things

www.verbalcommits.com/players/jackson-davis

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I'm sure he'll just be like WCS. On the verge of committing to Bama but commit to Kentucky when Cal calls with an offer.

pchil86

3rd Team
Feb 16, 2014
From what I understand, he originally comitted to rice and then decommitted....I doubt he goes to Kentucky....grant apparently had an in home visit with him and been to a few of his games...if he wants playing time then Alabama would be his best choice...

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
This and the Garrett thread sort of feel like we're grasping at straws with threads about people we have merely offered. Or maybe it is personal level of disappointment over this season.

Hope I'm wrong and it is only "hoops depression."

pchil86

3rd Team
Feb 16, 2014
This and the Garrett thread sort of feel like we're grasping at straws with threads about people we have merely offered. Or maybe it is personal level of disappointment over this season.

Both have legitimately expressed interest in our program....Jackson had over like 20 offers and has narrowed it down to 7 (that list includes Alabama) he has 3 official visits left and will take one of those 3 to Alabama

Not sure about Jeff Garrett other than he has taken an official visit and loved it and apparently has mentioned Alabama as his dream school

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Fans ridiculed CAG for not using the scholarships available in past recruiting class. He appears to be addressing a need by offering both players. Why is this a bad thing or "grasping at straws?"

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
So are we to limit threads to only "Doom and Gloom"? Nothing wrong with trying to find a silver lining.

Last edited:

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Just watched his video and not sure what the buzz is about. He is tall and lanky, didn't appear he jumps very well, just towered over others for rebounds. On the positive he did have active hands on defense and seemed comfortable moving the ball. He is going to be a project if he is to play inside in the SEC. He doesn't appear athletic enough to play the 3 and saw nothing in his clip to say can even dunk the ball.

pchil86

3rd Team
Feb 16, 2014
Davis is expected to be on campus this weekend for an official visit.
Jeff Garrett will also be in town this weekend as well as devin mitchell who according to him will try his best to recruit Jackson and Jeff while he is in town

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.