JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Looking back at the Class of 2009
by Jess Nicholas
TideFans Editor-In-Chief
March 5th, 2014 12:43 AM

. By Jess Nicholas, TideFans.com Editor-In-Chief March 5, 2014   Over the last four years, TideFans.com and NARCAS have taken a look back at old recruiting rankings, partially as a self-check, but also to see how players had progressed since arriving on campus.   The mark of a “great” class, five years after the fact, […]

Read More Here

TideWatcher

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2006
newton county, ms
I really appreciate this work. When you follow recruiting, it is very interesting to see what became of the young men who were projected and then see how they ended up. Thanks for what you do Jess

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Bowman, Kelly and Woodson would have been quality players if they stayed and bought into Saban's system.

JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Bowman, Kelly and Woodson would have been quality players if they stayed and bought into Saban's system.
Hard to say with Kelly. He had some legit medical issues that cut into his playing time. Similar to how Chris Lett was affected both here and after his transfer to USA. But on the other hand, I saw Kelly a couple of times in practice and he was having some issues adjusting to D-1 game speed.

I'm left to guess that Woodson's issues were academic in nature. He got frosh playing time, wasn't in the doghouse that I could tell and then abruptly transferred out even though he was going to be battling Will Lowery for one of the top DB roles.

Bowman ... sigh.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.