Proposed 10 second rule change shelved.

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
It will get brought back to the table next season, from a radio show I listened to. Reasoning was that there is a 2 year window for rule changes, and this one doesn't have enough time to be instituted?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
It will get brought back to the table next season, from a radio show I listened to. Reasoning was that there is a 2 year window for rule changes, and this one doesn't have enough time to be instituted?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It or something similar...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
A friend posted this on another site, but what if the offense weren't allowed to sub, once the defense was set on the LOS? IOW, the defense could race to the line and set. Then the offense would be stuck with the personnel on field, including bushed WRs...

YellowhammerLA

3rd Team
Jan 14, 2007
here's a fun byproduct of all the backlash against saban: he's going to be angry.

every slack-jawed gus malzahn public statement, every contrived jim rome soundbite, every weak terrible joke recycled ad infinitum by opposing teams' desperate mouth-breathing fans...

saban hears them, he digests them, and they make him stronger.

so here's what we're dealing with next season:
-the most talented group of young 5-star athletes in the country, who just got called out by AJ for being a cancer
-the hardest working, most brilliant & calculating coach in the country, who just reassembled his defensive dream team
-and a former championship-level offensive coordinator who's coaching for his career

if I were in auburn or baton rouge or college station, I'd keep my mouth shut at this point to avoid poking the bear. but they seem to be doing the opposite.

good.

irNate

1st Team
Nov 19, 2010
Snellville, GA
here's a fun byproduct of all the backlash against saban: he's going to be angry.

every slack-jawed gus malzahn public statement, every contrived jim rome soundbite, every weak terrible joke recycled ad infinitum by opposing teams' desperate mouth-breathing fans...

saban hears them, he digests them, and they make him stronger.

so here's what we're dealing with next season:
-the most talented group of young 5-star athletes in the country, who just got called out by AJ for being a cancer
-the hardest working, most brilliant & calculating coach in the country, who just reassembled his defensive dream team
-and a former championship-level offensive coordinator who's coaching for his career

if I were in auburn or baton rouge or college station, I'd keep my mouth shut at this point to avoid poking the bear. but they seem to be doing the opposite.

good.
I'm tired of hearing the "Saban can't beat em so he wants a rule against them" train of thought that has no real basis. I think the only thing next at this point is to beat every team next year, by 3 touchdowns. Then have Saban revisit the idea in the offseason :)

Moro Creek

All-SEC
Jan 21, 2014
Equine country
A friend posted this on another site, but what if the offense weren't allowed to sub, once the defense was set on the LOS? IOW, the defense could race to the line and set. Then the offense would be stuck with the personnel on field, including bushed WRs...
I like this idea Earle, but it is probably way too logical.

wishbonesooner

1st Team
Jun 26, 2001
Shawnee, OK USA
Sorry for the disrespect folks. That's not who we are.
For the record. I know we didn't get Bama's "A" game that night. If the Tide and OU had played in the NC game I know the game would have looked totally different. It was fun, it helped our recruiting, time to move on. Heck I want to play you guys again next season!

Last edited:

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
For the record. I know we didn't get Bama's "A" game that night. If the Tide and OU had played in the NC game I know the game would have looked totally different. It was fun, it helped our recruiting, time to move on. Heck I want to play you guys again next season!
The thing about a team not giving their best effort is... the opponent tends to take that personal like we're saying it was a fluke for Oklahoma to win. To the contrary, part of what made Oklahoma a better team that night was that they were better prepared than Alabama. They were motivated in a way that Alabama could not match.

That is a testament to Oklahoma's ability that evening, not an insult.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Two thumbs up. You were the better team and program that night. The Sooners earned it. Football isn't a three game series. It's a one and done scenario. Y'all won fair and square. No excuses.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.