Malaysia Airlines loses contact with passenger jet

Status
Not open for further replies.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
But it disappeared at 35,000 feet over the Gulf of Thailand on the same day it ended up not being found anywhere near the Gulf of Thailand?
We're talking an area the size of Pennsylvania looking for debris in rising and falling waves.

Did the radar fail or go offline just before it veered off course? And the black box & the underwater locator beacon both failed to send off a signal? That seems... odd.
Possibly. Electronics aren't failsafe. As for the beacons - these aren;t signals one can hear from hundreds of miles away, especially under water. It's not odd at all - these stretches of ocean are massive - hundreds of miles in each direction.

Maybe something is going on here, but again, I think some of you are just wanting a conspiracy. Our tech isn't such that as soon as something like this happens we know where it is and can pinpoint it from hundreds of miles away when underwater. The most logical conclusion based on what little evidence we do have is that it is on the bottom of the ocean there.

Again, I'll be THRILLED if I'm wrong about this, but nothing else passes the sniff test.

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
We're talking an area the size of Pennsylvania looking for debris in rising and falling waves.

Possibly. Electronics aren't failsafe. As for the beacons - these aren;t signals one can hear from hundreds of miles away, especially under water. It's not odd at all - these stretches of ocean are massive - hundreds of miles in each direction.

Maybe something is going on here, but again, I think some of you are just wanting a conspiracy. Our tech isn't such that as soon as something like this happens we know where it is and can pinpoint it from hundreds of miles away when underwater. The most logical conclusion based on what little evidence we do have is that it is on the bottom of the ocean there.

Again, I'll be THRILLED if I'm wrong about this, but nothing else passes the sniff test.
They're currently looking for the plane in the Strait of Malacca, a body of water in the opposite direction of where their last known location was. Why would they do that unless there's something we're not being told?

The Gulf of Thailand averages 45m deep with a maximum depth of 80m, plenty shallow enough for an underwater locator beacon to send off a signal. You'd think if it crashed there, there'd be a debris field and the normal things associated with a water crash site.

I wouldn't say I'm looking for a conspiracy, but I've yet to see any facts pointing to this plane going down in the Gulf of Thailand.

willie52

All-American
Jan 25, 2008
Arab, AL
Anyone know what kind of ATC services they have out there. If the aircraft was vearing hundreds of miles off course, did they do that after they moved out of ASR range, if not, why didn't the controller put them back on course. There should still be TACANS in range of the area so the plane should know it's position and heading but that's assuming that their instruments were working. If the military had them then did they not try to make contact? I saw on a report this morning that mentioned if there was a catastrophic failure, the pilots could have been too busy to answer so that would explain the lack of contact by the crew.

Blame it on the aliens.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
There really wasn't much of any. Same as with the Value Jet that crashed in the everglades years ago.
When an aircraft crashes on land a large portion of the debris gets burned up so there's not much left besides the engines and metal framework. There's much less chance of that happening when it crashes into the ocean. The biggest difference is that in most water crashes, the flotsam (and sometimes human remains) is about all that's recovered. The rest sinks to the bottom and is most often left there permanently.

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
When an aircraft crashes on land a large portion of the debris gets burned up so there's not much left besides the engines and metal framework. There's much less chance of that happening when it crashes into the ocean. The biggest difference is that in most water crashes, the flotsam (and sometimes human remains) is about all that's recovered. The rest sinks to the bottom and is most often left there permanently.
Great point. Asiana Flight 214 is a perfect example.

When it crash landed, it was fully intact minus the tail. But a cabin fire soon started which resulted in this:

That cabin fire consumed nearly 1/4th of the plane's hull in a very short time. First responders were only seconds away due to the location of the crash site being on the runway. Considering how long it took first responders and firemen to get to the United 93 crash? Most of it was probably lost in the resulting fire. That doesn't happen with water crashes.

Here's my theory:

Boeing sent out a memo last November recommending all 777's be inspected. There was a slight fear that cracking in the fuselage's skin could cause decompression.

The air traffic controller in his last attempt to contact the pilots reported:

"There were a lot of interference ... static ... but I heard mumbling from the other end.

"That was the last time we heard from them, as we lost the connection."
No shouting, no panic, just mumbling. Something you'd do if you were disoriented and didn't know what was being asked. This could also explain the transponder being turned off. In their state of disorientation, they just flipped the switch without really knowing what they were doing.

After that, who knows....

It could have continued on it's course with all aboard drifting off to sleep/death peacefully and crashed somewhere over rural China, or if these newest reports are true & it circled back over the Strait of Malacca, it could have crashed somewhere far out over the Indian Ocean and we'll likely never find it.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
Great point. Asiana Flight 214 is a perfect example.

When it crash landed, it was fully intact minus the tail. But a cabin fire soon started which resulted in this:

That cabin fire consumed nearly 1/4th of the plane's hull in a very short time. First responders were only seconds away due to the location of the crash site being on the runway. Considering how long it took first responders and firemen to get to the United 93 crash? Most of it was probably lost in the resulting fire. That doesn't happen with water crashes.

Here's my theory:

Boeing sent out a memo last November recommending all 777's be inspected. There was a slight fear that cracking in the fuselage's skin could cause decompression.

The air traffic controller in his last attempt to contact the pilots reported:

No shouting, no panic, just mumbling. Something you'd do if you were disoriented and didn't know what was being asked. This could also explain the transponder being turned off. In their state of disorientation, they just flipped the switch without really knowing what they were doing.

After that, who knows....

It could have continued on it's course with all aboard drifting off to sleep/death peacefully and crashed somewhere over rural China, or if these newest reports are true & it circled back over the Strait of Malacca, it could have crashed somewhere far out over the Indian Ocean and we'll likely never find it.
Commercial airliners have environmental sensors that monitor, among other things, cabin pressure and oxygen levels. Even if there was some kind of "leak" that caused depressurization too slow to be readily apparent to passengers or crew, alarms are supposed to go off well before oxygen levels become dangerous. When that happens, the pilot immediately begins a decent to an altitude where reduced oxygen isn't a concern. It's all but impossible for a Payne Stewart type accident to occur on one of these planes. It's possible, but it'd take a series of extremely unlikely failures to account for the scenario with this flight.

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
Commercial airliners have environmental sensors that monitor, among other things, cabin pressure and oxygen levels. Even if there was some kind of "leak" that caused depressurization too slow to be readily apparent to passengers or crew, alarms are supposed to go off well before oxygen levels become dangerous. When that happens, the pilot immediately begins a decent to an altitude where reduced oxygen isn't a concern. It's all but impossible for a Payne Stewart type accident to occur on one of these planes. It's possible, but it'd take a series of extremely unlikely failures to account for the scenario with this flight.
That's why it's a theory, ;)

At this point, nothing really seems to make sense, but at least to me, this is where most of the evidence points. It would also be why no passengers used their air phones to call in a distress signal.

Last edited:

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
That's why it's a theory, haha.

At this point, nothing really seems to make sense, but at least to me, this is where most of the evidence points. It would also be why no passengers used their air phones to call in a distress signal.
There's also no way of knowing whether the two guys that stole other people's passports in Thailand wanted to get on that particular flight or just any flight to wherever they were bound. If they meant to bring harm to it or to the passengers, they could be the reason for a rapid decompression, but why? We'll likely never know. If they just wanted to get to the next destination of that flight, then it was obviously the worst, and last, thing they ever did.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Interesting comment in an article on LinkedIn from a professor of engineering at Howard University:

The flight was cruising at 35,000 feet in the safest phase of flight with 239 souls aboard, as something apparently mysterious perhaps catastrophic transpired.
Interesting choice of words is all.

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
My guess is some sort of explosive decompression at altitude. Maybe terrorism, maybe not. I'm guessing most folks were dead before they hit the water.

Or maybe they're visiting with Kim Jong Un.

Or maybe they're visiting with the smoke monster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.