Malaysia Airlines loses contact with passenger jet

Status
Not open for further replies.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I think I have figured out what happened. I saw a terrible scifi move once that showed a prehistoric shark thought to be extinct, leap form the ocean, and grab a jumbo jet from the sky, and eat it.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/09/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-plane/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

I'm kinda amazed at the efforts going in to finding this thing - think of how many millions of dollars have been spent by these governments to look for this thing...
Well, you are talking about over 200 people's lives as well...although, unless the plane was stolen, they most assuredly are no longer among the living. Still, getting closure is the right thing to do - I know it's costly, but Malaysia should be picking up the tab.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Well, you are talking about over 200 people's lives as well...although, unless the plane was stolen, they most assuredly are no longer among the living. Still, getting closure is the right thing to do - I know it's costly, but Malaysia should be picking up the tab.
I mean, I get it, but in the grand scheme of things it's kinda weird when I stop and ponder it.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
I mean, I get it, but in the grand scheme of things it's kinda weird when I stop and ponder it.
I'm with you. Let Boeing and Malaysia and Malaysia Airlines pick up the tab. It's not our duty to continue to search. How many Americans were on board to begin with?

I'm still going with one of three things - 1) Carlyle group is now the sole owner of the patent for the new microchip since the other 4 patent holders were on board; so they offed them by sinking the plane; 2) It's sitting at Diego Garcia or 3) it's in Pakistan/Iran.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I still have a problem understanding how the plane got so far (assuming it ended up in the Indian Ocean where they are currently searching) and the pilot did not attempt a single distress (or otherwise) communication. Zero!

I know - it's a mystery.

But how does that happen?

It had to be done on purpose......but why?

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I agree 100% with ya Brad..I haven't read all the posts in this thread, so I apologize if this has been discussed, even if the plane is found, can they even get the "Black Box" in that deep of an ocean..Especially if the plane is intact in one piece & not busted all up..If the plane is in one piece..How can they break the plane apart to get to the "Black Box"???..

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
I agree 100% with ya Brad..I haven't read all the posts in this thread, so I apologize if this has been discussed, even if the plane is found, can they even get the "Black Box" in that deep of an ocean..Especially if the plane is intact in one piece & not busted all up..If the plane is in one piece..How can they break the plane apart to get to the "Black Box"???..
If the plane sunk that deep, wouldn't at some point, the plane break about from pressure and wouldn't seat cushions and other sundries have floated to the surface? I'm still at a loss why this hasn't happened, but then again, I'm not an Oceanographer.

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
On some link posted somewhere on here I think they said where the black box supposedly rests on the bottom of the ocean, that the pressure is upwards of 6000+ PSI at those depths. I'm not thinking break apart, I'm thinking crushed like coke can.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
If the plane sunk that deep, wouldn't at some point, the plane break about from pressure and wouldn't seat cushions and other sundries have floated to the surface? I'm still at a loss why this hasn't happened, but then again, I'm not an Oceanographer.
That's what i don't understand either..On TV they keep saying it might not have broken up on impact & was one piece going down..AlistarWills makes sense the pressure would crush it like stomping on a coke can..Still though..It seems like there would be some kind of debris from the plane floating around..It is a big ocean & strong current..So I dunno either..Something just doesn't add up at all & makes no sense..Heck..For all we know it may not even be in the ocean at all..

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Experts are saying that the debris could have floated off or finally sunk as long as it took to get to that spot.
Yah, strong currents in that part of the world, apparently - in 30 days small bits of debris can be spread afar and wide.

And if something is waterlogged, floating just a few feet below the surface, it's unlikely to be seen unless it's highly reflective, I'd think...

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
On some link posted somewhere on here I think they said where the black box supposedly rests on the bottom of the ocean, that the pressure is upwards of 6000+ PSI at those depths. I'm not thinking break apart, I'm thinking crushed like coke can.
Let me add that it would be crushed if it stayed intact. If something is breached and is filled with the water, the pressure is going to even out and it wouldn't be crushed, just sunk. I really wonder how the "black box" is still in one piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.