Malaysia Airlines loses contact with passenger jet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Sky News has an animated maps showing who debris would have floated around the Indian Ocean since the disappearance. There could well be debris turn up on Madagascar by now as well.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Weirder things have been done, I understand... :D
For the record, I am convinced that the plane went down in the southern Indian Ocean and its disappearance was a tragic accident.
I just wish it was more difficult to switch off the transponders so rescue efforts would have known where to look within a relevant timeframe. I realize the captain must have authority to take steps he deems necessary to ensure the safety of his ship and crew/passengers, but there needs to be some serious extenuating circumstances for a flight captain to do this.
Of course, maybe whoever did this knew what he was doing and was trying to kill himself (like the German Wings guy).

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
For the record, I am convinced that the plane went down in the southern Indian Ocean and its disappearance was a tragic accident.
I just wish it was more difficult to switch off the transponders so rescue efforts would have known where to look within a relevant timeframe. I realize the captain must have authority to take steps he deems necessary to ensure the safety of his ship and crew/passengers, but there needs to be some serious extenuating circumstances for a flight captain to do this.
Of course, maybe whoever did this knew what he was doing and was trying to kill himself (like the German Wings guy).
I agree with everything you've said. Because of when the transponder went off and the strange deviation in course, I've always believed the last sentence. It's likely that the culprit locked the other pilot out to accomplish his deed. In fact, I've always considered Witz to be a copycat...

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
I agree with everything you've said. Because of when the transponder went off and the strange deviation in course, I've always believed the last sentence. It's likely that the culprit locked the other pilot out to accomplish his deed. In fact, I've always considered Witz to be a copycat...
Boy, if investigators could establish that fact, it would really amend thinking about airplane security. I know the German Wings tragedy/mass murder has caused airlines to rethink some things, but if we could prove that German Wings was a copycat of Malaysian Airlines, that would really urge reconsideration (which I assume is ongoing anyway). Being able to just lock the cockpit door without the possibility of anyone being able to re-open it is no longer good policy.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
It will be hard to find unless the plane is still somewhat together. I think after 30 days those beacons go dead so it would take a miracle. Not sure what all the salt water has done to it either being underwater that long.

Of course I hope I'm wrong and they find it and are able to figure out what happened.

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010

Man who found MH370 flight part finds new item on Reunion

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/0...o-found-mh370-flight-part-finds-new-item.html

"Begue found a wing fragment known as a flaperon on July 29 that French investigators identified in September as part of the passenger jet that disappeared with 239 people aboard on March 8, 2014.

Begue said that unlike the flaperon there were no barnacles on the latest item, which he said was square and estimated that it measured 40 by 40 centimeters (about 15.5 by 15.5 inches)."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.