Believe it or not Kenyan Drake is going to the NFL next year

BAMAfan777

1st Team
Jun 25, 2010
I just watched most of the games last year, and believe it or not Drake will be going to the pros next year. He needs to control his fumbles if he wants to go higher in the draft, but he definitely can make an impact in the NFL today with his abilities.

RTR!!!!!!!!!

Zaiva

1st Team
Feb 27, 2013
Re: Believe it or not Kenyan Drake is going to the. NFL next year

I just watched most of the games last year, and believe it or not Drake will be going to the pros next year. He needs to control his fumbles if he wants to go higher in the draft, but he definitely can make an impact in the NFL today with his abilities.

RTR!!!!!!!!!
Honestly, our top three backs all could play in the NFL next year. Yeldon and Drake need to work on ball handling, and Henry, seems to need to work on his endurance. Granted we have only seen him play one game, and he had two monster runs, so anyone would be exhausted after that haha. Yeldon needs to work on hitting the hole too, he dances around behind of the line of scrimmage to often.

BAMAfan777

1st Team
Jun 25, 2010

I agree Yeldon does dance around too much .....hopefully Henry , jones , drake, tenpenny, Scarborough , and the others push him to be better.

BAMAfan777

1st Team
Jun 25, 2010

Honestly tenpenny could be as good or better than drake minus the key fumbles.

RTR!!!!!!!!!
I wouldn't doubt it at all. With his speed he would flourish, but like you said, he needs to work on ball control. That goes for Yeldon too. Henry will be the X factor next season because he no one can stop Yeldon or Drake they'll have no chance stopping Henry. Drake though, yes he has shown flashes but gotta work on ball control. At least the know their weakness now.

Sent from my iPhone

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

I agree with ya..Except for Henry needing to work on endurance, against Oklahoma, Henry got stronger & faster as the game went on I thought..If anything..Henry needs more carries & honestly I hope he wins the starting job this coming season..
Honestly, our top three backs all could play in the NFL next year. Yeldon and Drake need to work on ball handling, and Henry, seems to need to work on his endurance. Granted we have only seen him play one game, and he had two monster runs, so anyone would be exhausted after that haha. Yeldon needs to work on hitting the hole too, he dances around behind of the line of scrimmage to often.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

I agree Yeldon does dance around too much .....hopefully Henry , jones , drake, tenpenny, Scarborough , and the others push him to be better.
I hope he improves, too. But he has already done what no back in Alabama history has accomplished before. And he gained 1,200 yards of it behind what, by our standards, was a mediocre line.

BamaMike05

All-American
Jul 4, 2009
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
I felt like Drake was our best back most of last season. It would have been more of a split in carries had he not had so much trouble holding onto the football. Our running game will be VERY GOOD this year.

One thing people underestimate next year is our running game. People think we are going to have a big drop off because AJ is gone. People tend to forget 2 or our 3 NC's were with first yr QB's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Not sure why anyone would not believe it. The NFL is looking for RBs with Drake's style more than RBs with Richardson's style.

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
I'm sorry, but I laugh everytime I hear people question Henry's endurance. I keep hearing that from the barners over here. "He was exhausted in the OU game!" and "He's too big to be an every down back!" is a staple on local barner talk radio. This is usually how I respond to that.

Year Class G Carries Yards YPC YPG Long TD

12-13 Senior Varsity 13 462 4261 9.22 327.8 80 55

11-12 Junior Varsity 12 309 2567 8.31 213.9 90 34

10-11 Soph Varsity 11 303 2689 8.88 244.5 75 38

09-10 Fresh Varsity 11 313 2465 7.88 224.1 26

TOTAL 47 1387 11982 8.64 254.9 90 153

Guys with endurance problems don't carry the ball 462 times for 4261 yards and 55 TD's in one year!

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

I agree with ya..Except for Henry needing to work on endurance, against Oklahoma, Henry got stronger & faster as the game went on I thought..If anything..Henry needs more carries & honestly I hope he wins the starting job this coming season..
I don't know if I'd go that far...on Henry starting....but he needs alot more touches based on what little (yet explosive) evidence we've seen so far!

As much as we might have been frustrated with Yeldon, especially on those short runs when we needed just a yard or two and didn't get it, he still is a running back that has two 1000 yards seasons, back to back. Pretty impressive and not chopped liver!

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

It's hard to compare Henry with any other physical specimen - great size plus uncanny speed. I guess Matt Jones comes to mind, but he didn't have Henry's build or moves...

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

It's hard to compare Henry with any other physical specimen - great size plus uncanny speed. I guess Matt Jones comes to mind, but he didn't have Henry's build or moves...
Agreed and furthermore, assuming Henry has turned the corner or understanding the playbook and picking up the blitz, his playing time is sure to increase more and more!

dtgreg

All-American
Jul 24, 2000
Tuscaloosa
www.electricmonkeywrench.com

I couldn't believe how fast Matt Jones was until I was talking it over with a current (at the time) Bama player. He was telling me Matt Jones had run a sub 4.3 40. I was laughing and saying "no way, you're out of your mind" Player gets huffy and argues back. So I say "so you're telling me Matt Jones is faster than anybody on our team?" Player says "yes, I guess so." We both got kinda quiet after that.

Zaiva

1st Team
Feb 27, 2013

I agree with you. Saying he needed better endurance was a little much. I remember a few people stating earlier (during the season), that he wasn't in tip top football shape because of the injury before the season. He will be ready to go next year, and will probably have the best season out of all the backs

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

I think Kenyan hits the hole with great velocity and has some potential, but it would not be a good move for a guy who could conceivably be a third string running back next year to declare for the draft.

Last edited:

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

Gotcha..It's scary good to think at just how good Henry will become when he's at 100% & is completely injury free..Cause he showcased against Oklahoma that I think he's our best RB at Bama right now & has everything needed to become the best ever at Bama..He's that good..
I agree with you. Saying he needed better endurance was a little much. I remember a few people stating earlier (during the season), that he wasn't in tip top football shape because of the injury before the season. He will be ready to go next year, and will probably have the best season out of all the backs

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana

Kenyan is an elite talent at back, unfortunately for him he is caught in a log jam of elite talent at back right now. Even if he is 2nd or 3rd string, I think he has the measurables and highlights to get attention from the scouts, and he's one of those backs wh probably should go early if he has the opportunity to. The shelf life of a running back is so short in the NFL, that in some cases it can actually hurt to come back for the extra year.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.

I read somewhere that Coach Kiffin told Coach Saban that our best back was on the bench. I look for Henry to have a monster year.
Our 4 deep would start at any other school.

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL

I couldn't believe how fast Matt Jones was until I was talking it over with a current (at the time) Bama player. He was telling me Matt Jones had run a sub 4.3 40. I was laughing and saying "no way, you're out of your mind" Player gets huffy and argues back. So I say "so you're telling me Matt Jones is faster than anybody on our team?" Player says "yes, I guess so." We both got kinda quiet after that.
Talking to a friend when Matt Jones was playing against Bama, about his speed:

Me: He doesn't look that fast.
Friend: Well, nobody ever catches up to him, do they?
Me: No.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.