Link: NFL.com Reporting Rolando Planning a Comeback

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Link

Rolando McClain retired at the age of 23. He's hoping to launch a comeback at 24.

The Carroll County Times reported Monday, via a source close to the player, that McClain "is in a better place mentally," is working out regularly and has been telling people for months that he plans to return to football in 2014.

TUSKtimes

1st Team
Sep 18, 2008
Right here, Right now
I'm constantly amazed at the inability some show in picking friends and those they choose to associate with. I hope Ozzie has a Patrick Peterson type in the stable to invoke some positive peer pressure. But the way the ravens are falling, I doubt it.

SavannahDare

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Gulf Breeze, Florida
If he makes the decision to play again, I support his decision and wish him well.

If he decides to take a different, law-abiding, path, I support that as well and hope only for the best for him.

With that out of the way, he has a lot to overcome in his remote and recent past and not too many people are capable of changing their character in just a year or even two. He's young and has many years yet to mature. The real world isn't going to provide him the structure he seemed to require during his college playing career; that structure and self-discipline has to come from within himself. I'm not so sure he has what it takes.

I hope I'm wrong.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
Don't know how it works in the NFL these days, but he should probably target some teams that he feels comfortable with, and speak with them about trying out, and if necessary, working on the practice squad. He's got a lot of trust to re-earn.

BamaDude06

1st Team
Sep 15, 2006
Don't know how it works in the NFL these days, but he should probably target some teams that he feels comfortable with, and speak with them about trying out, and if necessary, working on the practice squad. He's got a lot of trust to re-earn.
The Ravens still have his rights.

TideWatcher

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2006
newton county, ms
Reading your posts about human nature, I have often thought you were quite right. I also hope you are wrong in this case
If he makes the decision to play again, I support his decision and wish him well.

If he decides to take a different, law-abiding, path, I support that as well and hope only for the best for him.

With that out of the way, he has a lot to overcome in his remote and recent past and not too many people are capable of changing their character in just a year or even two. He's young and has many years yet to mature. The real world isn't going to provide him the structure he seemed to require during his college playing career; that structure and self-discipline has to come from within himself. I'm not so sure he has what it takes.

I hope I'm wrong.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
I'm pulling for a big come back as well. I give him props to bowing out and trying to get his life in order and at his age, 24 I believe, he is still young enough to have a great career. Wish him nothing but the BEST!!

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
He's sworn to stay out of Decatur, which is something my relatives over there have been saying for years he must do. His homies there seem to tempt him to get into some of the "incidents." I think he's moved from his mansion in Madison - at least, he put it up for sale a year or so ago. I always thought it was too close to Decatur. There was an in depth article on him some months back. The writer spent a couple of days with him and wrote that a couple of incidents convinced him that the anger and temper was still bubbling along underneath the surface. Ozzie has already overlooked a lot, including his basically quitting on the Raiders, when things didn't go the way he wanted. Also, the Ravens have developed a bit of an image problem since Ozzie hired him the first time. I think Oz will rehire him, mostly on talent and he's a UA boy. However, I rate it as a tossup as to whether or not he sticks. It's probably his last chance...

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Reports are Ro is meeting with Ozzie while Ozzie is in Tuscaloosa. Link

Rolando McClain's comeback to the NFL could take on a whole new level of seriousness today.

According to a Carroll County Times report, the former Alabama linebacker expects to meet with Baltimore Ravens general manager Ozzie Newsome, who is visiting Tuscaloosa. McClain, who retired from the NFL in April 2013, has been mulling a return to professional football, and the Ravens have appeared open to bringing him back.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.