Is it possible that we have been visited by Aliens?

willie52

All-American
Jan 25, 2008
Arab, AL
Well if they were exposed to the politicians in Washington I'm sure they turned around and went home telling their friends to avoid planet 24094u5ui333000.

MOAN

All-American
Aug 30, 2010
Swearengin, Alabama, United States
I would say no - and for several reasons.

First, most of the "evidence" touted - especially on the show you mentioned - has to do with ancient, "primitive" man apparently having access to knowledge and/or technology that they supposedly could not have obtained on their own.

Second, the rest of the "evidence" is extremely anecdotal and circumstantial at best. We have drawings and depictions of thing that "kinda, sorta" or "could possibly" resemble aliens, flying saucers, etc.

As for the first set of "evidence", I attribute that primarily to mankind's arrogance - of which we have in massive overabundance if we have any at all. We have a major habit of both over-esteeming our own understanding and accomplishments while virtually dismissing that of previous civilizations or even previous generations. The ancient Romans made stronger, longer-lasting concrete than we make today. Many of the roads and bridges they built are still being driven on today. Much of their aqueduct system could still be used for plumbing and irrigation purposes with just a modicum of maintenance. The ancient Greeks had a "programmable" device that can only be described as a primitive computer that could be used to calculate both latitude and longitude at sea - something "modern" man wasn't able to accomplish until the late 19th Century.

To further exemplify the inconsequential nature of that "evidence", you can juxtapose that hypothesis with the second set of "evidence" given. If extra-terrestrials did, in fact, come to Earth and share advanced knowledge and technology with ancient civilizations then the recorded evidence would not be anecdotal and circumstantial; the evidence would be obvious. We wouldn't have small, random smatterings of things that "kinda, sorta" look like aliens and "could possibly" represent flying saucers; we would have detailed depictions and accounts of these encounters - perhaps even names for the aliens and examples of their language - and of the knowledge and technology being passed on by them.

The most obvious, if not most common, retort to this argument would be to ask "What if the aliens didn't want to just come out and reveal themselves to ancient man, and ancient man only caught glimpses of their presence?"

To this, I would proffer that any intelligent being capable of travelling billions of light-years across the galaxy in order to study a primitive planet would - assuming they didn't want to reveal themselves to the indigenous population - be perfectly capable of actually not revealing themselves to the indigenous population. They wouldn't be "accidentally" letting us catch glimpses of them and they certainly wouldn't be crash landing in the middle of the desert in Southeastern New Mexico.

If they had been here, interacting with mankind, then we would know it. We wouldn't suspect it; we would know it.

If they have been here but didn't want us to know about it then we wouldn't have a clue.
Do you believe in an invisible God? If you do then why not an invisible alien? Most who believe in an invisible god say the proof is in what we see before us, the great wonders of our surroundings. So are the great wonders that we have from our ancient past, that even today we marvel at, could not have been built with help from alien life?

The truth is when someone actually sees them and reports it, they are laughed at and ridiculed by those who do not believe, or want to believe, to the point of never mentioning it again. And those who are credible witnesses of such events are made a laughing stock of. "Oh you seen a alien!" Har! Har! Har!! Everyone listen to this!!! Har! Har! Har!! ;)

But yet you believe in an invisible God, that decided to insert himself into a virgin Jewish girl for nine months, to be born a yeller pooping baby, suckling human breast, to grow up, die for the sin of all of mankind! And that sin was for eating fruit from a tree that a talking snake enticed a perfect human being into listening to instead of heeding that invisible Gods command! ;)

If we see evidence of an invisible God all around us then I propose that there God is an alien! :)

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Somewhere in the universe there is life other than what is here on earth. And, IMO, there is no way at least some of it CAN'T be more intelligent. Thinking otherwise to me is incredibly arrogant and denying the obvious - the odds of this planet being the only one that harbors an intelligent life form, out of all the countless millions of rocks in the universe, IMO are astronomical.
Where did Miley Cyrus come from? For that matter, where did Billy Ray Cyrus come from?

Last edited:

crimson fan man

Hall of Fame
Aug 12, 2002
Athens Al
Like I said before if an alien race does visit us they are far more advanced then we are. We would just hope that they do visit and leave. We are in my opinion a few lifetimes away from just leaving our solar system with people on a ship.

MOAN

All-American
Aug 30, 2010
Swearengin, Alabama, United States
Aliens have been coming and going to this planet ever since life was first introduced to it, just most people do not understand that. Aliens have been tinkering with life on this planet from the start and still are. Every time there is an extinction event on this planet, aliens introduce new and different life, some of it kin to what life that does survive the global devastation's of the past and some new species. There are more extinct species of life on this planet in the past than the life that exist now.

And guess what?! Another mass extinction is in our future! Whether it comes from an asteroid impact, a super volcano eruption, a deadly plague, war, solar flare or what have you. When it happens and after a period of recovery, the aliens will once again introduce new life species to this planet and it will flourish till the next event. The cycle will go on and on until the Sun has exhausted its fuel supply and dies, then the aliens will have new planets to work on.

Why would aliens do such a thing and what would they get out of it you might ask? Well what does gardening do for you? What does creating music do for anyone? Why do we create and enjoy art? We get our life force, spirit from them so that makes us a part of them. Thats why we do what we do and they do what they do. Myths, legends, traditions created by us to explain all this notwithstanding, we are all alien products.

Your God is an alien! ;)

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Aliens have been coming and going to this planet ever since life was first introduced to it, just most people do not understand that. Aliens have been tinkering with life on this planet from the start and still are. Every time there is an extinction event on this planet, aliens introduce new and different life, some of it kin to what life that does survive the global devastation's of the past and some new species. There are more extinct species of life on this planet in the past than the life that exist now.

And guess what?! Another mass extinction is in our future! Whether it comes from an asteroid impact, a super volcano eruption, a deadly plague, war, solar flare or what have you. When it happens and after a period of recovery, the aliens will once again introduce new life species to this planet and it will flourish till the next event. The cycle will go on and on until the Sun has exhausted its fuel supply and dies, then the aliens will have new planets to work on.

Why would aliens do such a thing and what would they get out of it you might ask? Well what does gardening do for you? What does creating music do for anyone? Why do we create and enjoy art? We get our life force, spirit from them so that makes us a part of them. Thats why we do what we do and they do what they do. Myths, legends, traditions created by us to explain all this notwithstanding, we are all alien products.

Your God is an alien! ;)
Isn't it ironic that the Catholic church has two observatories, one of them in Arizona sitting on a mountain that is considered holy to the Hopis and Zunis who apparently witnessed a lot of "alien" activity? Isn't also "ironic" that Romans and Greeks worshipped "Gods" who sat on a mountain and that Moses climbed a mountain to talk to God? How do you quantify the pyramid building that went on through out the world when these people were thousands of miles away and oceans away from one another? How do you explain Elijah and Enoch being swept away by "chariots" to the heavens? What happened to the naval flight off the coast of Florida? How do you explain our extraordinary leap in technology in the last 100 years v. the previous 5,000 years?

Why isn't the Catholic Church publishing the 3rd Fatima? It will probably destroy Christianity, Judaism and Islam as we know it. Religion has been used as a means to control the people. If that institution is turned upside down, it would cause panic worldwide.

Call me crazy, but I just think there's more to it.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Genesis 6:4 "The Nephilim were on the earth in those days - and also afterward - when the sons of God went to the daughters of men and had children by them. They were the heroes of old, men of renown."

Who were the Nephilim? Were they aliens to this planet?

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Genesis 6:4 "The Nephilim were on the earth in those days - and also afterward - when the sons of God went to the daughters of men and had children by them. They were the heroes of old, men of renown."

They were the giants. Maybe the Greeks called them Titans. David called him Goliath.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX

There you go. Even the Bible talks about "interbreeding" with humans. Nice.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Isn't it ironic that the Catholic church has two observatories, one of them in Arizona sitting on a mountain that is considered holy to the Hopis and Zunis who apparently witnessed a lot of "alien" activity? Isn't also "ironic" that Romans and Greeks worshipped "Gods" who sat on a mountain and that Moses climbed a mountain to talk to God? How do you quantify the pyramid building that went on through out the world when these people were thousands of miles away and oceans away from one another? How do you explain Elijah and Enoch being swept away by "chariots" to the heavens? What happened to the naval flight off the coast of Florida? How do you explain our extraordinary leap in technology in the last 100 years v. the previous 5,000 years?

Why isn't the Catholic Church publishing the 3rd Fatima? It will probably destroy Christianity, Judaism and Islam as we know it. Religion has been used as a means to control the people. If that institution is turned upside down, it would cause panic worldwide.

Call me crazy, but I just think there's more to it.
They went to a dimension that you and I can't see, even though it may be right in front of us or above us. Maybe we have to die to see that dimension. Even though I guess Enoch was one of the lucky ones.

Are you just agnostic or have you progressed to atheism?

You talk about mountains. Is that why people ascend to the top of Mt. Everest? To converse with God?

I do watch ancient aliens on H2, but it will take a lot more than that to change my Christian worldview.

And I do wish that I had as much hair as the supposed expert with the electric shock treatment hair doo.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
They went to a dimension that you and I can't see, even though it may be right in front of us or above us. Maybe we have to die to see that dimension. Even though I guess Enoch was one of the lucky ones.

Are you just agnostic or have you progressed to atheism?

You talk about mountains. Is that why people ascend to the top of Mt. Everest? To converse with God?

I do watch ancient aliens on H2, but it will take a lot more than that to change my Christian worldview.

And I do wish that I had as much hair as the supposed expert with the electric shock treatment hair doo.
I prefer to be considered Deist at this point. I'm not saying God in whatever form you believe Him to be doesn't exist. I have a hard time quantifying things like the Big Bang without some sort of divine creation initially that set the laws of physics in motion. It may be just as the Bible says. I've just begun to doubt that is the only spoken word. I think there are many "books" missing from the Bible that are also of significant importance but the powers that be excluded them because it didn't fit their doctrine of control over the masses.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
He does have "great" hair doesn't he?

I just think there are too many unanswered questions about too many events. I'm a firm believer that we have been visited by other species. There are too many documented sightings that can't be refuted. Historically, as the Bible has even stated, there has been some sort of contact, which aligns itself with Muhammad being carried around the world in minutes, to Hopi/Zuni experiences as well as others. I have to wonder if the "guiding" star that led the shepherds to Jesus' cradle wasn't some sort of craft as well that lit a path and guided them. I can't explain these things and unfortunately, my faith has been in doubt for some time, maybe 30 years or more since I was a teen simply because of my analytical upbringing. My parents and in-laws are devout Christians and don't know that I feel this way nor does my wife. I just find reasons not to attend church any longer.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.