Incredible fall for Mizzou's first ever 5* recruit

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
For those who follow recruiting closely, you might remember that Blaine Gabbert was the first 5* recruit to ever be signed by Missouri, and was hailed as their biggest recruiting snag ever up until recently. He had a few good years for the tigers, and then was way overdrafted in the 2011 draft. The jaguars, after trading two picks to get into position to take him at the #11 overall pick, just dealt him the the 49ers for a 6th round pick and a conditional pick in 2015. Drafting him may have proven to be the worst move any franchise has ever made in a draft, and is now one of the most costly.

In another viewpoint, I would say this guarantees without a shadow of a doubt what direction the Jags are now going to go in this years draft with the #2 pick. Now it's just a matter of which qb will they over draft this year. Will they keep Bortles in state, or will they go for the excitement factor of a Manziel. It will be interesting to see who they pick up. Here's the link

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...uars-trade-blaine-gabbert-san-francisco-49ers

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
For those who follow recruiting closely, you might remember that Blaine Gabbert was the first 5* recruit to ever be signed by Missouri, and was hailed as their biggest recruiting snag ever up until recently. He had a few good years for the tigers, and then was way overdrafted in the 2011 draft. The jaguars, after trading two picks to get into position to take him at the #11 overall pick, just dealt him the the 49ers for a 6th round pick and a conditional pick in 2015. Drafting him may have proven to be the worst move any franchise has ever made in a draft, and is now one of the most costly.

In another viewpoint, I would say this guarantees without a shadow of a doubt what direction the Jags are now going to go in this years draft with the #2 pick. Now it's just a matter of which qb will they over draft this year. Will they keep Bortles in state, or will they go for the excitement factor of a Manziel. It will be interesting to see who they pick up. Here's the link

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...uars-trade-blaine-gabbert-san-francisco-49ers
worse than ryan leaf? how about trading all your picks for one guy (ricky Williams)?

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
and this is here................why?
I just thought it was interesting, and as sports junkies I figured many would feel the same. Few venture over to the pro sports board, and as many Auburn and Tennessee threads that get posted on the football side I just really didn't see a difference. Wasn't intending to step on anyone's toes, and it was moved to the proper spot, so all is well and good. Thanks mods, for getting that taken care of.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I saw Gabbert play enough over the last 2 seasons to believe that he has the talent to be successful in the NFL. He has been beat up because Jacksonville has a poor O-line. This is a situation in which both teams get what they need. Jacksonville gets picks, and the 49ers get a solid backup QB who won't mind carrying a clip board for a few years.

I don't think that this is a reflection of Gabbert's ability as much as it is a reflection of the state of the program in Jacksonville.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.