Could Basketball Become a One Semester Sport?

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
However, I think that a more practical solution to the attendance problem is to go to a 25 second shot clock and "3-seconds defensive" violation to open up the lane. This years new rule really didn't do as much as they thought as far as opening up scoring.

mdb-tpet

All-SEC
Sep 2, 2004
More scoring won't bring more bodies in to watch the games. I don't know why 70-80 points isn't enough. I find the NBA lack of defense makes their games very boring.

"Shaheen thinks more attractive nonconference games will eventually be played in January and February away from football. Right now, the most attractive nonconference games are typically in November and December during the holiday and bowl seasons."

I think one semester would be better. Football is very nearly a one semester sport, so I think basketball could be also.

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
Thinking like a college kid: aren't finals going to be in May?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, so my fat fingers cause misspellings and autocorrect makes my ships into...

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
I actually think it's late April.

Thinking like a college kid: aren't finals going to be in May?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, so my fat fingers cause misspellings and autocorrect makes my ships into...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.