Link: Horrible News: Brent Musburger and Jesse Palmer are Lead SEC Network Announcers

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Palmer is horrible at calling games. Link for story.

Brent Musburger and Jesse Palmer will be the lead SEC Network broadcast team when the channel launches this fall, ESPN announced today.

Musburger, a recognized voice in the broadcasting industry, had been calling a national game each week for ESPN/ABC with Kirk Herbstreit. Musburger's new role opens the door for Chris Fowler or Rece Davis to call the top ESPN/ABC national game each week. SI.com previously reported that Fowler wants the top play-by-play job for ESPN/ABC.

ESPN's news release said Musburger received a multi-year contract extension and will continue to call Big 12 college basketball games and share "his expertise and experiences as a mentor."

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
I don't mind this crew... Musburger is good at his job, and Palmer gets a lot of vitriol but SOME of it is unwarranted (not all of it). It could be a LOT worse.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Ah everyone zip it!!!

It ain't Brando, it ain't Craig James, it ain't Clay Travis.

Some of y'all would complain if I gave you a $100 bill with a fold - that it isn't crisp enough.

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
I can tolerate Brent. It's Palmer and his nasally male counterpart voice to Erin Andrews I have a hard time enduring. Plus the fact, as someone else mentioned, he's horrible at calling games.
Terrible selection IMO.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I'd put Musburger and Herbstreit second only to Nesler and Blackledge.

I could take or leave Palmer, but Musburger gives the SEC Network legitimacy IMO.

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
What games are going to be carried on the new network? By that I mean, is it the premiere ESPN 6:45 game that is already SEC, or will the usual games still be on the usual channels, and this is the new and improved version of what used to be the 11:30 game? If the 11:30 version, we've come a long way from Dave^3 to this pair. If it replaces the Blackledge/Nesler game on 6:45, not so much.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
What games are going to be carried on the new network? By that I mean, is it the premiere ESPN 6:45 game that is already SEC, or will the usual games still be on the usual channels, and this is the new and improved version of what used to be the 11:30 game? If the 11:30 version, we've come a long way from Dave^3 to this pair. If it replaces the Blackledge/Nesler game on 6:45, not so much.
I had forgotten about the three Daves.

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va
Ah everyone zip it!!!

It ain't Brando, it ain't Craig James, it ain't Clay Travis.

Some of y'all would complain if I gave you a $100 bill with a fold - that it isn't crisp enough.

Uh...if you happen to have any of those folded $100 bills around, I'll be more than happy to take them and iron them out:smile:. Roll Tide on a $100 bill!

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Hope someone answers this, I`ve been wondering myself. If for some reason I can`t get the SEC network, am I in danger of missing some or all of our games?

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
They get 3 games per Saturday, I believe, all in the traditional Saturday time slots. But these aren't your prime time games. Yes, there will be one at 11:30 or 11 am. It will be the typical lower end game in the style of the old JP games. There will be one at 2:30 or so but it will not take the place of the big CBS match up. It will be a lower end game. Same for the 6:45 time slot.

This network is basically taking over the PPV games and the games that were being broadcast on the other networks like SportsSouth or FoxSports South or whatever.

So this is a big demotion for Mustardburger. Does anyone know who will be taking his spot opposite Herbstriet on Saturday nights?

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
So what does this mean for Herbstreit now that he and Mus are no longer a pair? Will he continue to do the primetime ABC games with a new PbP announcer?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.