Link: Saturday Down South's Top Ten Rankings Entering Spring Articles

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
You may not agree with Marshall as the best QB in the SEC, but he did take his team to the NC game and won the SEC in his first year. Overall though, bad year for QBs in the SEC.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
You may not agree with Marshall as the best QB in the SEC, but he did take his team to the NC game and won the SEC in his first year. Overall though, bad year for QBs in the SEC.
Yeah, I don't disagree with Marshall.

It's just a black eye for SEC quarterbacks that he'd be listed as #1. He's just a glorified running back that occasionally throws a pass to keep the defense honest.

His ranking there shows how weak this starting qb class really is IMO.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Yup..I have that "Gut Feeling" by the end of the season, SEC QB's will become the best group in the country, just to much talent, being coached by the best coaches in the business, for this group of QB's in the SEC, not to become the most dominate in the country..And hopefully the group will be led by Bama's new QB..
I cannot remember another year with such unimpressive returning or new QBs in the SEC.

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va
Is it possible that, with a year of CGM's offense under the SEC's belt, that a way to counter, and expose, his hunh style will be developed, and Marshall's less than stellar passing talent will relegate him to the middle of the pack? I'm certainly hoping that CNS will have it diagrammed, planned, and slammed by the time the IB comes around. It just doesn't seem to be in the natural order of things for *u to do well.

Roll Tide... A'ight!

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
Talent wise it should be Bama QB's followed by LSU, Georgia and USCe. I wish Del Rio would have stayed just to see how much he could push Coker, Morris and (drew a blank on the other QB). I hate when I do that.

bama61

1st Team
Aug 24, 2004
North Alabama
Based on performance and not potential, there's really not too much to disagree with in these ratings so far as I can see. Guess we'll get to see how good our staff is at bringing along raw talent in some areas such as both sides of the line of scrimmage. Quarterback ratings bother me least of all as I really don't care how the other teams QBs are ranked and can't see that we have anyone that has taken enough snaps to merit ranking. As for Coker, why would you rank him when he is still enrolled at another school in another conference?

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Talent wise it should be Bama QB's followed by LSU, Georgia and USCe. I wish Del Rio would have stayed just to see how much he could push Coker, Morris and (drew a blank on the other QB). I hate when I do that.
Sims. Don't worry. He's only probably the projected starter for the spring game. :wink:

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
I cannot remember another year with such unimpressive returning or new QBs in the SEC.
I agree, but I think by the end of the year, it won't seem so bad. There are just a lot of unknowns. Alabama, LSU, South Carolina, and Georgia all graduated Senior QBs. Auburn and Missouri are the only teams that went at least .500 in conference that return their starters.
We don't even know who our starter is going to be but by the end of the year he will probably be a top 5 QB in the SEC.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
One thing is for sure. With the weak returning starters and the uncertainty of the open slots, if Coker is as good as some think he'll be he ought to be able to jet up the rankings with a decently solid year.

Yes, I'm assuming he comes in a wins the starting job or takes it over pretty early in the season.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.