BamaNation First Team
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Rapper "Lil Boosie" says LSU needs to keep its recruits from going to Bama...

Last edited by russtang; March 12th, 2014 at 02:54 PM.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American bamabelle1991's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Rapper "Lil Boosie" says LSU needs to keep its recruits from going to Bama...

#1. WHO?

#2. Please pay recruits to sign for LSU. This would be delicious to watch.

RTR

BamaNation First Team

Re: Rapper "Lil Boosie" says LSU needs to keep its recruits from going to Bama...

Quote Originally Posted by bamabelle1991 View Post
    #1. WHO?
    Darn I thought this was an ancient story with a misspelling about LSU's original Lil Bossy - another nickname for Gov. Huey P. "Kingfish" Long.

But no, Lil Boosie's gotta be 4real, 'cause according to the story

During his time in prison, Boosie garnered much support with the #FreeBoosie hashtag. He was released from prison on March 5, the same day Texas A&M honored him with a football playlist.
    #1A WHAT?

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

how is this news on yahoo sports?

BamaNation First Team gtowntide's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I realize it's the offseason but this guy is writing a story about an unknown rapper who is a LSU fan? If I'm a parent of a recruit, I would not suggest he listen to a rapper that just got out of prison. Some of these writers are really hard up for a story. How does Yahoo let this get printed?

BamaNation Second Team crimsonseal12's Avatar
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by gtowntide View Post
    I realize it's the offseason but this guy is writing a story about an unknown rapper who is a LSU fan? If I'm a parent of a recruit, I would not suggest he listen to a rapper that just got out of prison. Some of these writers are really hard up for a story. How does Yahoo let this get printed?
    He isn't unknown to the young men in La. On the Day they released him from prison, Cam Robinson, Cameron Sims and Hootie were all very happy about him being released.

But isn't what he said helping LSU recruit? If he is telling all the La football players to go to LSU then that's a violation according to the NCAA.

BamaNation Second Team

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonseal12 View Post
    He isn't unknown to the young men in La. On the Day they released him from prison, Cam Robinson, Cameron Sims and Hootie were all very happy about him being released.
    ^^^This ... he is a big deal for those that are hard into hiphop ... especially into rap artists from the South. He's sort of a cult classic of sorts especially with the whole "Free Boosie" campaign.

At the end of the day, I seriously doubt it has any real effect on recruits on where they choose to go. It did work for Uncle Luke though ... but that's another story lol

BamaNation Hall of Fame Crimson1967's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonseal12 View Post

But isn't what he said helping LSU recruit? If he is telling all the La football players to go to LSU then that's a violation according to the NCAA.

How is that a violation? Is it because he is a celebrity? (Granted, I've never heard of him before, but I don't get out much).

BamaNation First Team Elwood Crimson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson1967 View Post
    How is that a violation? Is it because he is a celebrity? (Granted, I've never heard of him before, but I don't get out much).
    It is violation if he is associated with LSU. Who knows, with the criminal history of LSU football players, LSU might might have a school/release program with the prison system

BamaNation Second Team

Quote Originally Posted by gtowntide View Post
    Lil Boosie is hardly unknown....he is well known on a national level. Its a story because of the publicity his trial and release has received. His very known and famous, he even had a phone conversation with Jameis Winston the day after FSU won the national title
    Last edited by BirminghamBAMA; March 13th, 2014 at 09:39 PM.

BamaNation First Team gtowntide's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Sorry, I guess I'm admittedly out of touch with all things involving rap. Why is this a national story?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk