Spring practice Lindsay (expected to transfer),Jones, Miller not on roster...

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Re: Spring practice

Not at all surprised by Miller and Jones, I did not suspect Lindsey although I fully understand his decision. Best of luck to all in their futures.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

Harrison Jones dinged up his back a few years ago and just hasn't been able to overcome it to get onto the field in a major capacity.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

Can't really blame Lindsay, he proved he can play at the SEC level and I'd imagine he feels his time is running out to prove it to the scouts as well. I wish him nothing but the best, would love to see him land somewhere and get drafted. At least I hope it is for that reason and not an injury or family situation, etc.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Re: Spring practice (Lindsay,Jones, Miller not on roster. Expected to xfer)

I'm surprised by Jai miller. He made huge improvements and I would expect him to receive siginicant playing time this year

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds

First report with jersey numbers & roster updates.

Chad Lindsay is not on the roster and is expected to transfer.

Harrison Jones is not on the roster.

Jai Miller, the 29 year old walk-on saftey, is not on the roster
It's hard to believe that there isn't a place at center or guard for Lindsay. This one surprised me. Wish him well, though(assuming he doesn't go to the Barn or Viles).

Last edited:

WsN

BamaNation Citizen
Jun 15, 2013

I for one was hoping someone would post Chad xfering was incorrect...definitely appeared to but what one would look for in a team mate.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011

First report with jersey numbers & roster updates.

Chad Lindsay is not on the roster and is expected to transfer.

Harrison Jones is not on the roster.

Jai Miller, the 29 year old walk-on saftey, is not on the roster
I really hate to see Chad Lindsay leave the program. I think he really performed well last year when needed. I think he performed better than the starter, especially on running plays.

Since he is from The Woodlands, Texas I am wondering where he will play this year. Will it be close to home? Like SHSU, UH, A & M or some other place in Texas.

Is there a Master's program somewhere he wants to enroll in and still play his last year?

Thanks Chad for your contributions to the Crimson Tide.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham

I was told that you definitely will not be accepted into the Tuscaloosa chapter if you have any association with barn fans. There have been instances where barners tried to get in by cheating and lying, (generally just being deceitful) on the membership application.
Well, I'm married to one, so I guess I'm out...

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

I really hate to see Chad Lindsay leave the program. I think he really performed well last year when needed. I think he performed better than the starter, especially on running plays.

Since he is from The Woodlands, Texas I am wondering where he will play this year. Will it be close to home? Like SHSU, UH, A & M or some other place in Texas.

Is there a Master's program somewhere he wants to enroll in and still play his last year?

Thanks Chad for your contributions to the Crimson Tide.
I thought he was better as well. Seems when he came in, we simply ran the ball better.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

Another way to root our Barners, is to place a roll of toilet paper in front of the person trying to join the REC, and if that person starts to sweat, and shakes uncontrollable from excitement of the sight of a big, soft, roll of toilet paper..You know they're Barners & gets booted from joining the REC..LOL

I heard you can't live in a rented trailer in the middle of a pasture so that would exclude most barners.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

$300 around here, last I heard...
it was like $20-30 bucks back in 2001

We had a new coach who was coming to town, I was interested to know what we hired so I went with a coworker to a meeting. I had to join to stay, so I did. Never went to another meeting

never would have done it for $300 even for a good coach

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

Dang..I hate that we lost Lindsey..Cause he could play any of the OLine position if need be, should the injury bug bites the OLine(knock on wood), I honestly thought he could've won a starting job as a "Road Grater" this coming season, at one of the G spots, plus, you just can't replace his knowledge & his "Experience"..His experience is a big loss for our team & OLine..Still wish him nothing but the best, he's doing what he feels is best for him as a player..I can respect that..You will always be a member of the Crimson Tide Family "Big Man"

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

What about the safety position, we're thin over there, I could see Cyrus Jones moving there... naw... I see stewart sticking over there.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaHoosier View Post
Please forgive my ignorance, but what is the REC? I hear it referenced all the time, but I've never heard anyone say exactly what it is. I must have been away from TTown for too long.

Official duties of the REC specifically include thwarting all things any Barner attempts.

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville
Re: Spring practice (Lindsay,Jones, Miller not on roster. Expected to xfer)

Hate we are losing those 3 players. I was wondering about Harrison Jones since he barely played last year and had been a regular contributor in 2012. Wonder why. After Barrett leaving with such high acclaims, I wonder how harrison and walker feel about their time there. Wonder if H. Jones will transfer too or just graduate and leave.

I was really hoping Jai Miller was going to make it also. Wonder what would constitute him joining the team again. Saban said he was leaving the team at this time. Almost like it was open for him to come back. Is there a numbers crunch?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.