Spring practice Lindsay (expected to transfer),Jones, Miller not on roster...

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Re: Spring practice (Lindsay,Jones, Miller not on roster. Expected to xfer)

Hate we are losing those 3 players. I was wondering about Harrison Jones since he barely played last year and had been a regular contributor in 2012. Wonder why. After Barrett leaving with such high acclaims, I wonder how harrison and walker feel about their time there. Wonder if H. Jones will transfer too or just graduate and leave.

I was really hoping Jai Miller was going to make it also. Wonder what would constitute him joining the team again. Saban said he was leaving the team at this time. Almost like it was open for him to come back. Is there a numbers crunch?
Harrison Jones is in UA's MBA program, about to finish his first year. I have no information as to his plans for next year.

Graduate school credits can be hard to transfer, so my guess with absolutely nothing concrete to back it up would be that he's given up football, will finish his MBA this time next year, and either immediately thereafter, or at some point in the future, be in business with his dad.

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
Re: Spring practice

It's hard to believe that there isn't a place at center or guard for Lindsay. This one surprised me. Wish him well, though(assuming he doesn't go to the Barn or Viles).
Meh. He's given far more to Alabama than I ever have. I'll wish him well wherever he goes.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Here's today's practice report

Spent a little time watching the offensive line go through its early-practice drills. Veterans are taking the lead spots in drills, as Arie Kouandjio, Leon Brown, Ryan Kelly, Alphonse Taylor and Austin Shepherd worked in spots typically held by first-teamers. With Chad Lindsay gone, it's worth noting that Paul Waldrop, Bradley Bozeman and Chris Posa were seen snapping during early drills.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Re: Spring practice (Lindsay,Jones, Miller not on roster. Expected to xfer)

Harrison Jones is in UA's MBA program, about to finish his first year. I have no information as to his plans for next year.

Graduate school credits can be hard to transfer, so my guess with absolutely nothing concrete to back it up would be that he's given up football, will finish his MBA this time next year, and either immediately thereafter, or at some point in the future, be in business with his dad.
He's stated he's going to stay until May 2015 and finish up his MBA at Bama...

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

$300 around here, last I heard...
One must wonder with limited membership and only a $300 fee how we have enough money to pay all the players, the NCAA, and frame Johnny Autograph and Jameis Sexual Assaulter.

Blue font

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa

I think Harrison Jones could come back to the team at later date, perhap taking a year off?
I'm not sure. He already redshirted, and used three additional years playing.

My guess is that he figured he wasn't going pro. Wasn't even going to be in the regular rotation as a senior. He already has two NC rings. His future is in business, not football. So why go through the S&C and physical pounding when you know you're not going to play that much, and you've already been to the mountaintop twice?

Unless you just enjoy the camaraderie so much that the lack of playing time doesn't bother you, the rational decision is to hang it up.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Friday practice report

With Lane Kiffin in as offensive coordinator, the media is getting to see a number of new situations for Alabama's quarterbacks. Today, they tested their hand at throwing on the run to the side of the field opposite their throwing arm. We weren't watching for a long enough stretch to come away with many conclusions, but Michael Casagrande will have it chronicled in his upcoming QB video series.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Wednesday practice report

It looks like it's experiment season on the offensive line. We saw Leon Brown working at multiple spots, Brandon Greene working on the right side and Austin Shepherd lining up on the left side and Grant Hill playing some guard. We'll have a better idea of where things stand Saturday. When he spoke Monday, Saban hinted toward this sort of stuff happening. It's typical for this time of year.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.