Spring practice Lindsay (expected to transfer),Jones, Miller not on roster...

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville
I'm sure Johnathan Allen will get situational minutes but thought he would be starting or at least 2nd team. I think this means we have a lot of depth at DE.

I agree about Allen. Of course, Bama usually rotates in 7-9 guys regularly in each game. Those guys get platooned if they play hard for 3-4 plays. I expect JA will see the field more on passing downs especially. I wonder if Korren Kirven will get much PT. or Dee Liner?

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I think we are gonna have the same problems this year of not being able to generate a pass rush with our dline front. Reed Ivory and Robinson are not great at rushing the passer. AR is pretty good. The three of them are more of the space eater types. Thought we were going to a more agile front to combat HUNH and generate a better pass rush.

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
I think we are gonna have the same problems this year of not being able to generate a pass rush with our dline front. Reed Ivory and Robinson are not great at rushing the passer. AR is pretty good. The three of them are more of the space eater types. Thought we were going to a more agile front to combat HUNH and generate a better pass rush.

100% False concering Reed and Robinson.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Robinson led the team in sacks lasts year playing spot duty, so I wouldn't put him in that category. Reed is a lot like him, but we'll need to see what he does on field first. Dareus was pretty good at getting into the backfield also, and he was about 320. just cause a guy is big, doesn't mean he can't move sometimes.

anyway, depends on what package we are in. most of the time against HUNH teams we are in the 4-2-5, so what you see from the 3 man front with these three isn't the package we typically use to combat that (although we probably should have against auburns version of it)

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
100% False concering Reed and Robinson.
I said AR was a pretty good pass rusher. Reed we have no clue about till he starts playing. Im just saying I thought we were going for more of an athletic front to better defend HUNH and to pressure the QB more. I don't think reed and ivory are players that fit that mold. They will be good against the power run and eat space. Playing in space, not so much. AR can do about anything though. Would still like to see some more athletic dlineman

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I DISAGREE. DJ, Reed, Robinson are very good pass rusher, and add Ragland and Depriest, we should be whole lot better than last year.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I DISAGREE. DJ, Reed, Robinson are very good pass rusher, and add Ragland and Depriest, we should be whole lot better than last year.
Right but I don't think those guys are gonna be much help defending the HUNH which every team is gonna run against us in some shape or form especially after A&M the past two years and Oklahoma in the sugar bowl. I love all those guys in the first string dline I just don't think they are ideal for defending the HUNH. I just don't think those guys have an elite burst to get into backfield and disrupt plays. They can eat space and push the pocket no doubt. That's not really the name of the game against finesse hurry up offenses.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Right but I don't think those guys are gonna be much help defending the HUNH which every team is gonna run against us in some shape or form especially after A&M the past two years and Oklahoma in the sugar bowl. I love all those guys in the first string dline I just don't think they are ideal for defending the HUNH. I just don't think those guys have an elite burst to get into backfield and disrupt plays. They can eat space and push the pocket no doubt. That's not really the name of the game against finesse hurry up offenses.
Ummmmm.... Those are the players that are recruited to play HUNH Better

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I don't recall these 3 being on the DL any other time during the media time. We're getting ahead of ourselves to act like they are the starting DL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I don't recall these 3 being on the DL any other time during the media time. We're getting ahead of ourselves to act like they are the starting DL.

Yea I agree. I just hope we get some more athletic guys instead of the Brandon ivory types against the fast paced offenses. That was my only point. Guess I didn't make it very well.

BigGunn

1st Team
Dec 5, 2004
Pace, Florida
Yea I agree. I just hope we get some more athletic guys instead of the Brandon ivory types against the fast paced offenses. That was my only point. Guess I didn't make it very well.
Seems Reed is that type. More like Williams and Mt. Cody to control the middle and move into backfield.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Saban sang Blake's praises again yesterday. Said he made a few plays on third down by scrambling.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Anybody know if anybody got hurt yesterday? Haven`t seen any mention. Hope that`s good news.
Saban said no injuries. Maurice Smith didn't play because he's recovering from a concussion. Reuben only played a half because of the stinger he suffered last week.

bamanix

1st Team
Mar 24, 2010
I think, the major problem last year against the auburn, texas a&m, and okla was the coverage on the corners of the field. bama has always been strong inside the tackles, but last year they were bad. we had no legitimate cornerbacks to support the run or pass on the sidelines. how many missed tackles occurred in those games. I noticed teams for the first time getting wide on our defense with success. our outside linebackers did not do well either on the corners, guarding the sidelines. I am still concerned with the secondary, off line more than other aspects of the team. job in progress. the key do we have enough time with injuries to the one area we need help occurring. thank goodness, we have at least 3 early season games to get ready.

TidePride50

3rd Team
Jan 16, 2010
Anybody know if anybody got hurt yesterday? Haven`t seen any mention. Hope that`s good news.
Cam Sims got popped pretty good and noticeably was hurting even several plays later, but didn't look serious. DeAndrew White was on the sidelines without pads and did not play, not sure about him. B Sims did play well, other notables in my mind were Chris Black, Derrick Henry, and the defense in general. The defense was dominating the offense early on, eventually the offense did get in a rhythm tho.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.