Spring practice Lindsay (expected to transfer),Jones, Miller not on roster...

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
I think, the major problem last year against the auburn, texas a&m, and okla was the coverage on the corners of the field. bama has always been strong inside the tackles, but last year they were bad. we had no legitimate cornerbacks to support the run or pass on the sidelines. how many missed tackles occurred in those games. I noticed teams for the first time getting wide on our defense with success. our outside linebackers did not do well either on the corners, guarding the sidelines. I am still concerned with the secondary, off line more than other aspects of the team. job in progress. the key do we have enough time with injuries to the one area we need help occurring. thank goodness, we have at least 3 early season games to get ready.
Agree, but our approach at d-line was problematic, as was the loss of Tomlinson.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Cam Sims got popped pretty good and noticeably was hurting even several plays later, but didn't look serious. DeAndrew White was on the sidelines without pads and did not play, not sure about him. B Sims did play well, other notables in my mind were Chris Black, Derrick Henry, and the defense in general. The defense was dominating the offense early on, eventually the offense did get in a rhythm tho.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Deandrew is still recovering from a should surgery. They've rested him most of the Spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Any stats on the kicking game?

Griffith really struggled last week, and I'm interested to see if he was able to shake off a poor performance.

I'm told that that's been a real issue for him. As in, he gets down on himself after misses, which leads to more misses, and a vicious downward cycle.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

Griffith really struggled last week, and I'm interested to see if he was able to shake off a poor performance.

I'm told that that's been a real issue for him. As in, he gets down on himself after misses, which leads to more misses, and a vicious downward cycle.
If true, that's not good. A fg kicker needs a very short memory!!!

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
We don't seem to have the good fortune with kickers some others have enjoyed. Of course, it is a variable position since we take 1 every other year max.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL

Channelling Leigh Tiffin early career?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Thursday practice report

Two absences were notable on the Alabama running back line. Neither Kenyan Drake, nor Altee Tenpenny were spotted during the briefer-than-usual media viewing period. T.J. Yeldon still leads the line followed by Derrick Henry. No explanation was given for the two missing backs, but Nick Saban speaks after practice. Stay tuned for that.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Are they hurt?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
From Saban's presser:

Kenyan Drake and Altee Tenpenny weren't at practice because they didn't do what they were supposed to do in the classroom. Saban said he sent them to study for four hours instead of practicing Thursday. He got fired up talking about the responsibilities of the classroom.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Looks like Peyton Manning made a visit to practice to give advice on how to stop theses HUNH offenses & we gave him some advice about something that was helpful to him..While I hated him when he played at Tennersee, dude is one of the absolute best to ever play the game, will be happy to listen to what he says, on how to slow down the HUNH offenses..Coach Saban doesn't allow hatred to stand in his way to win NC's at Bama & I for one am grateful he has that attitude..Still hate the viles with every ounce of my soul though..

Here The Link..CLICK ME

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Kenyan Drake will never realize his potential until he decides to get with "the process."

His position on the depth chart sounds like it may be more about disciplinary issues than not holding on to the ball!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.