Alabama Offers SF Jeff Garrett a Scholarship

pchil86

3rd Team
Feb 16, 2014
I read up on him....seen some of his videos...6'7 with 6'11 wingspan...pretty athletic kid.....I think he's a good get for us this late in the signing period....can help out defensively

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Looks like a young Robert Horry in the face.

He is listed as a small forward. Would he be able to play on the perimeter too? What kind of a shooter is he?

I love this size for a guy that can go inside and out.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Does this indicate that Jacobs will not be back?

Would he and Hale be on the court at the same time? Kind of a wildcard question based on Coach Grant's substitution "pattern" plus its all speculation at this point. I'm wondering if Garrett is more PF than SF. There were times when Hale was the only "forward" on the court this season and many times when there was only Hale as a SF/PF and Taylor or Engstrom was the center.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Would he and Hale be on the court at the same time? Kind of a wildcard question based on Coach Grant's substitution "pattern" plus its all speculation at this point. I'm wondering if Garrett is more PF than SF. There were times when Hale was the only "forward" on the court this season and many times when there was only Hale as a SF/PF and Taylor or Engstrom was the center.
Don't forget about Michael Kessens on the bench this year.

pchil86

3rd Team
Feb 16, 2014

from what i understand jeff garrett is more of a natural SF than a PF but he's versatile and can play multiple positions like many of the players on our roster (namely rodney cooper and shannon hale who could both play either SF or PF)

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I actually see what Grant has been wanting to do. It just took forever for him to get the center and combo forward he needed to run it. Hopefully next year Cooper won't be forced to play out of position.
Yesterday my brother commented how he loves watching Florida play. I told him we could play like that if Bama had a good big man. Unfortunately, none of them have been developed or stayed around to be developed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Looks like a young Robert Horry in the face.

He is listed as a small forward. Would he be able to play on the perimeter too? What kind of a shooter is he?

I love this size for a guy that can go inside and out.
Horry was unreal for a guy 6'10". In the pros, back when zones were not allowed, he'd pull a big outside to try and guard him and they didn't have a chance against his trey...

spacerats

Scout Team
Nov 11, 2006

Yes they could play together. I believe Coach Grant's substitution may be based on what position can you guard. With a complete roster and if he can guard perimeter players (which the article indicates he can) then Jeff could play the 3 while Hale plays the 4.

bamanix

1st Team
Mar 24, 2010
a lot of bad luck for coach grant. players not up to the task, transferring, discipline problems, if he ever gets a good rebounding team, like green and Mitchell again, he will be a serious threat in the sec.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.