I found this hidden away in my Grandfather's home.

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL
I also had a six pack of a drink called "Rollin Tide Red". I don't have a picture but they were really cool. They also leaked bad and I think my wife made them disappear.
That came out in the 80s. It was actually good cherry soda. I drank mine, when I bought them because they were everywhere. I didn't think they would become a collectible like the Bryant Coke bottles.

AUTigers001

1st Team
Feb 3, 2010
My granddad had some of those as well... brings back memories. I guess on of my Bama fan cousin probably ended up with them after he died.

PacadermaTideUs

All-American
Dec 10, 2009
Navarre, FL
Yours doesn't have the tail through the A.

There were 2 versions, I believe. Maybe someone else came weigh with more details.

Nice find!

Edit: Found a pic of one with the tail.

There were actually three versions. All three differ primarily by the presence (or lack) of the elephant's tail, and by how the scroll at the bottom of the A wraps around it. Of course prices vary and fluctuate. You may find each of the versions priced a bit higher or lower than what I've listed below. But in general, the ranges I've indicated are common ballpark figures for present-day value.

The version you've got pictured above is the rarest of the three, distinguished by the presence of the tail and the scroll wrapping completely around the A below the tail. This version generally sells for $30-$45.

Below, is an image of the next rarest version, where the scroll still wraps completely around the A, but the elephant's tail is absent. This version generally sells for $15-$30.

And finally, in the most common version, you'll notice the absence of the elephant's tail, and the scroll stops wrapping at the edge of the A. You can find this version for $5-$10.

Bad Pony

All-American
Nov 14, 1999
Pelham
I have a case of them..will have to get one out and see which version I have. At the time they came out, my Mom worked near the Coca-Cola plant in Jasper and picked me up a case. The only condition I've had over the years is the caps turning a little rusty looking.

J4Bama

All-American
Mar 24, 2002
Sarasota, Florida
No, they are not really that rare. But, unlike the Alabama Coke cans, they seem to age just fine (the cans tend to burst open eventually, which can wreck a nice Alabama collection), and they're pretty much a must have collectible for Alabama fans.
It's best to take a small thumbtack and pierce the can to let the contents out for that very reason.

HMM

All-SEC
Sep 1, 2007
I have 7 of them, 6 without the scroll wrap and 1 with it. None have the tail, guess I need to hunt one of them down.
And I also have one with the barn's kitty on it, not sure why I have kept it all these years...

PacadermaTideUs

All-American
Dec 10, 2009
Navarre, FL
Nobody has mentioned it but I assume that all had the "HISTORIC MILESTONES" on the back?
Yes sir. To my knowledge, all had the "Milestones" on the back - the only significant differences have to do with the tail and the scroll on the Bama emblem on the front.

You can google <bryant coke bottle> images and find examples of all three versions, all showing the milestones.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.