I found this hidden away in my Grandfather's home.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
I got two of them from my mom after my dad died. They mean so much to me, I could never ever part with them. Nice find! RTR.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I found one as well when we were cleaning out my Dads house after he passed away as well..I think those are the coolest bottle coke ever made..

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
With all of the replies, I'm guessing they're not that rare. Still really cool.
No, they are not really that rare. But, unlike the Alabama Coke cans, they seem to age just fine (the cans tend to burst open eventually, which can wreck a nice Alabama collection), and they're pretty much a must have collectible for Alabama fans.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
No, they are not really that rare. But, unlike the Alabama Coke cans, they seem to age just fine (the cans tend to burst open eventually, which can wreck a nice Alabama collection), and they're pretty much a must have collectible for Alabama fans.
I had a can from the 2011 season burst open a while back and it made a mess. I have three of the Bryant bottles, including the one my parents originally bought when they first came out, though I'm not sure which one it is.

I see them at flea markets a lot and they usually run in the $5-$10 range. So you aren't going to get rich off them.

MBA_99

1st Team
Jan 11, 2010
A, A
Yep, I had one treasured bottle, and then found like six at a garage sale for $2 each in the 1990s. I think they're worth a good bit to someone who really wants to decorate their man cave with one, but not rare enough to be worth a ton.

The cans either burst all over my display cabinet, or even more interesting, evaporate! I had a 1992 Coke can stay on a shelf for 10+ years. I moved it and it was almost empty. I am baffled how sugary water can pass through solid (albeit thin) aluminum like that.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
I also had a six pack of a drink called "Rollin Tide Red". I don't have a picture but they were really cool. They also leaked bad and I think my wife made them disappear.

37bamagreats55

All-American
Apr 1, 2003
Gardendale, AL
The cans either burst all over my display cabinet, or even more interesting, evaporate! I had a 1992 Coke can stay on a shelf for 10+ years. I moved it and it was almost empty. I am baffled how sugary water can pass through solid (albeit thin) aluminum like that.
Cans can be very nasty, indeed. I would recommend anybody with full cans on display take a very small pin and poke a hole in the bottom to drain them.

The problem is the acid in the soda will eventually eat away the can and make a heckuva mess. Bottles are really the way to go.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.