Question: What's Your Favorite Bama Logo

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

bamatex82

All-SEC
Oct 5, 2001
Greenville, TX
I started watching the tide in the mid-70's. The elephant coming thru the block A is my favorite. However, the script A we use today is pretty cool, too.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I do love the current script A, but I still own a lot of items with the elephant through the A. That old logo is hard to beat, however the script A is pure class.
I do like the current Script A and sure would like to see it on at least one side of our helmet. The Script A would identify it as a TEAM of Alabama Crimson Tide players. Now, they could keep the traditional numbers, an EGO or Individualistic thing, on one side of the helmet. This is a TEAM GAME. It is the BEST LOGO in Collegiate football.

Now, for those people who are traditionalists, our uniform doesn't look anything like those 1930's Bama uniforms. The REST of the Uniform can stay intact! The prettiest, best looking color in this universe is CRIMSON. No, I don't want Crimson pants! You could throw in a little gray or Silver looking Gray for contrast. A little Houndstooth on SPECIAL occasions would not be bad, like around the neck of the jerseys like in the past.

And YES, TideMan09, Coach Ears Whitworth coached (or whatever he did) in the mid-1950. Thank God Coach Bryant replaced him and came home to Mamma! I'm sure, ?, I think Ears was a good man but he must not have had any EXPECTATIONS of his teams other than to show up on game days. What did the players do at practice way back in the mid-1950's? Did they lift bottles or cans of Falstaff's or Schlitz's for strength training?

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
I found this logo & it says that it was used in the 50's..I think it's really cool as well..Old school logo for sure..

Maybe I'm reading something else into that, but it looks (to me) a little like the barn's current logo. Of course, the barn would have stolen the "UA" design and bastardized it for their own good, first used in 1971.

Back on more ethical and respectable topics, I have a number of hats and t-shirts (and a flag from Mrs. VJ for Christmas last year :)) with various designs, but I like this. It is classy and recognizable practically worldwide:

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I can't remember what web site I saved this pic from, but, I thought it was pretty dang cool(cool enough for me to save it on my 'puter)..Before some of y'alls heads makes a complete spin from this, I said I thought it was pretty dang cool, not that I wished we would use this design for real..I do want us to break out our "White" helmets just once in my lifetime, I've never watched us use our white helmets in an actual game, I've only seen pics of our white helmets used in past games & I loved them cause they're really really cool..

I do like the current Script A and sure would like to see it on at least one side of our helmet. The Script A would identify it as a TEAM of Alabama Crimson Tide players. Now, they could keep the traditional numbers, an EGO or Individualistic thing, on one side of the helmet. This is a TEAM GAME. It is the BEST LOGO in Collegiate football.

Now, for those people who are traditionalists, our uniform doesn't look anything like those 1930's Bama uniforms. The REST of the Uniform can stay intact! The prettiest, best looking color in this universe is CRIMSON. No, I don't want Crimson pants! You could throw in a little gray or Silver looking Gray for contrast. A little Houndstooth on SPECIAL occasions would not be bad, like around the neck of the jerseys like in the past.

And YES, TideMan09, Coach Ears Whitworth coached (or whatever he did) in the mid-1950. Thank God Coach Bryant replaced him and came home to Mamma! I'm sure, ?, I think Ears was a good man but he must not have had any EXPECTATIONS of his teams other than to show up on game days. What did the players do at practice way back in the mid-1950's? Did they lift bottles or cans of Falstaff's or Schlitz's for strength training?

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
TideMan09 - I was curious about that too. The pic source is from a site called www.nextgenuniforms.com.

Their website states:

Next Gen Uniforms is the ultimate source for cutting edge uniform and team designs for use in EA Sports’ NCAA Football Franchise on the PS3 and xBox gaming systems.

That may be some wishful thinking, but it's apparently a creationary diversion at this point.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Maybe I'm reading something else into that, but it looks (to me) a little like the barn's current logo. Of course, the barn would have stolen the "UA" design and bastardized it for their own good, first used in 1971.

Back on more ethical and respectable topics, I have a number of hats and t-shirts (and a flag from Mrs. VJ for Christmas last year :)) with various designs, but I like this. It is classy and recognizable practically worldwide:
You are soooooooooo right! That UA sure looks like it could become an AU. Looks like they were trying to look like BIG BROTHER! Do we have a good reason for a lawsuit? Maybe someone needs to share this with the man with the Battle Plan. A lawsuit for stolen UA's would be more legitimate than against a great Bama football artist.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
That's the web site & thank you VJ for posting that..Cause I absolutely hate when I can't remember something, and it keeps gnawing at ya, trying to remember what it is you're trying to remember, it honestly feel like a load taking off my chest since you posted what web site it came from..LOL
TideMan09 - I was curious about that too. The pic source is from a site called www.nextgenuniforms.com.

Their website states:

Next Gen Uniforms is the ultimate source for cutting edge uniform and team designs for use in EA Sports’ NCAA Football Franchise on the PS3 and xBox gaming systems.

That may be some wishful thinking, but it's apparently a creationary diversion at this point.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
That's the web site & thank you VJ for posting that..Cause I absolutely hate when I can't remember something, and it keeps gnawing at ya, trying to remember what it is you're trying to remember, it honestly feel like a load taking off my chest since you posted what web site it came from..LOL
Just thinking...I assume EA Sports, Madden, xBox - whoever - would have to pay a hefty license fee to use any of Alabama's logo images on their products, right? I wonder what that annual dollar amount is. I imagine Coach is getting a fairly significant cut. Good for him.

J4Bama

All-American
Mar 24, 2002
Sarasota, Florida
They are actually producing a lot of merchandise with the old logo on it now. In fact, I just bought a back to back national championship tshirt with that logo on it.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.