Favorite Saban Era O and D player...(only one each)

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK
The presence that Dre had on that field was amazing. He ran his mouth and he was loud, and his game backed the talk. Dre was a lockdown corner for us, and what a baller. We'll find more good corners, guys who can shutdown just as well or maybe even better. However, that Gadsden swag was fun to watch. Even the way he committed to the team on national TV, when the announcer asked how it was going to be to go against Julio in practice. Most will say they are excited to go against the best, or to be the best you gotta beat the rest. Dre was just like, I ain't scared of no Julio.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
Norwood -Every time Bama REALLY needed a play, I prayed the ball would go to #83.

Cody- Bama was playing with a legal 12 man defense with him.
This right here. However I think it's only fair to add a special teams player as well so I'll say Carson Tinker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
O-Chance Warmack (when his belly was sweating there was some serious road grating going on)
D- CJ Mosely (he is just a good all around player)

it is hard to pick one though.

willie52

All-American
Jan 25, 2008
Arab, AL
How do you only pick one? I have a lot of favorites but if I had to go with just one it would be:

O: Eddie Lacey - always loved his spin move and deceptive speed

D: Jesse Williams - laugh when I think of what the Olineman was thinking just before the ball was snapped like well I don't see a spear, boomerang or big knife, maybe I'll just get knocked out.

cr1mson4l1fe

Suspended
Mar 4, 2014
O = AJ D= RO,,,,,,,,,,,, We dont forget our family, even when they're down!! We love ya Mcclain. If he'll just put his mind to it, he could be the Next Ray Lewis.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
The presence that Dre had on that field was amazing. He ran his mouth and he was loud, and his game backed the talk. Dre was a lockdown corner for us, and what a baller. We'll find more good corners, guys who can shutdown just as well or maybe even better. However, that Gadsden swag was fun to watch. Even the way he committed to the team on national TV, when the announcer asked how it was going to be to go against Julio in practice. Most will say they are excited to go against the best, or to be the best you gotta beat the rest. Dre was just like, I ain't scared of no Julio.
loved Kirkpatrick as a player. i remember an interview with him saying the days of passing on Bama were over. And he was right once he broke into the lineup

Capt. Jack

Suspended
Jun 20, 2006
Javier Arenas on D. The guy made the most of his talent, gave it everything he had, and you could tell he really enjoyed playing the game. Also was a terror as a kick returner.

Julio Jones on O: He may have won a Heisman in a different offense. Superstar talent, but never got a big head, never got in trouble, played through injuries, and was a model player.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
O - Ingram. The SCAR game running the wildcat seals it. Yes, the OL had a lot to do with it, but his attitude and refusing to be denied i think was the spark for them as well. What lineman doesn't want to block like hell for a guy who's running with that much heart.

D - new name out there - Rashad Johnson. not only a great story about going from walk-on RB to a 3rd round pick, but there were so many times he'd see what the offense was doing, drop down into the box and make and adjustment, have the line or the backer slide into the right spot and the guy he would shift over would make a play for a loss - it was uncanny. He was really the on-field captain of the 2008 squad, and helped rolando out in that aspect tremendously

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
O - Ingram. The SCAR game running the wildcat seals it. Yes, the OL had a lot to do with it, but his attitude and refusing to be denied i think was the spark for them as well. What lineman doesn't want to block like hell for a guy who's running with that much heart.

D - new name out there - Rashad Johnson. not only a great story about going from walk-on RB to a 3rd round pick, but there were so many times he'd see what the offense was doing, drop down into the box and make and adjustment, have the line or the backer slide into the right spot and the guy he would shift over would make a play for a loss - it was uncanny. He was really the on-field captain of the 2008 squad, and helped rolando out in that aspect tremendously
Nice pick with Rashad, he was a tremendous player. 2008 LSU game with 3 picks with the final one setting us up for the win was huge. We wouldn't have won that game without him no doubt.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.