Cop shoots family's dogs while looking for suspect

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
Video and story: http://www.wkrg.com/story/24981767/mpd-officer-kills-dog-injures-another

Apparently they were interviewing a suspect on the street for some unknown crime and he took off running. While searching the neighborhood, this cop opened a gate to someone's back yard and shot their dogs when he felt threatened. The family was home and saw him walk by the window as he was headed to the back yard.

I'm all for the cops staying safe out there, but IMO he should have handled this differently.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
While most families consider their pets as much members of their families as are their children, etc., they are most accurately personal property. With that in mind, this officer committed willful destruction of private property. He was neither on his own property nor did he have the owner's permission to be there. He should be prosecuted for that offense.

crimson fan man

Hall of Fame
Aug 12, 2002
Athens Al
I'm am without a dog right now because one of my best friends I had to put her down. If a cop come on my property and killed my best friend it would take all my will power not to kill the scumbag. Dogs are special, why I don't know but I know how attached people get with them including myself.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.