Presumptive depth chart based on the roster...

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
I know the coaches hate these, but the fans want them. This is just something preliminary based upon the spring roster released today.

Can't color-code this in a forum post, and I'm not putting it up as an article lest it get blasted all over the place.

OFFENSE

SE
9 Amari Cooper
80 Raheem Falkins
13 ArDarius Stewart
FL
2 DeAndrew White
8 Robert Foster
7 Cameron Sims
WR
22 Christion Jones
5 Chris Black
87 Parker Barrineau
TE
84 Brian Vogler
88 O.J. Howard
85 Malcolm Faciane
HB
45 Jalston Fowler
41 Kurt Freitag
47 Corey McCarron
RT
79 Austin Shepherd
64 Grant Hill
62 Will Davis
RG
50 Alphonse Taylor
73 Brandon Hill
75 Bradley Bozeman
C
70 Ryan Kelly
69 Paul Waldrop
66 Chris Posa
LG
77 Arie Kouandjio
68 Isaac Luatua
60 Brandon Moore
LT
72 Leon Brown
58 Brandon Greene
74 Cameron Robinson
QB
6 Blake Sims
11 Alec Morris
18 Cooper Bateman
RB
4 T.J. Yeldon
17 Kenyan Drake
27 Derrick Henry
PK
99 Adam Griffith
97 John Pizzitola

DEFENSE

DT/E
86 A'Shawn Robinson
57 D.J. Pettway
53 Anthony Orr
NG
99 Brandon Ivory
90 Jarran Reed
95 Darren Lake
E
54 Dalvin Tomlinson
93 Jonathan Allen
94 Dakota Ball
JACK
47 Xzavier Dickson
56 Tim Williams
35 Walker Jones
WLB
33 Trey DePriest
11 Shaun Dion Hamilton
34 Tyler Owens
MLB
10 Reuben Foster
19 Reggie Ragland
55 Josh Dickerson
SLB
30 Denzel Devall
25 Dillon Lee
7 Ryan Anderson
RCB
4 Eddie Jackson
21 Maurice Smith
2 Tony Brown
FS
26 Landon Collins
24 Geno Smith
23 Jabriel Washington
SS
20 Jarrick Williams
27 Nick Perry
6 Laurence Jones
LCB
3 Bradley Sylve
5 Cyrus Jones
28 Anthony Averett
P
98 Adrian Lamothe
99 Adam Griffith

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I know the coaches hate these, but the fans want them. This is just something preliminary based upon the spring roster released today.

Can't color-code this in a forum post, and I'm not putting it up as an article lest it get blasted all over the place.

OFFENSE

SE
9 Amari Cooper
80 Raheem Falkins
13 ArDarius Stewart
FL
2 DeAndrew White
8 Robert Foster
7 Cameron Sims
WR
22 Christion Jones
5 Chris Black
87 Parker Barrineau
TE
84 Brian Vogler
88 O.J. Howard
85 Malcolm Faciane
HB
45 Jalston Fowler
41 Kurt Freitag
47 Corey McCarron
RT
79 Austin Shepherd
64 Grant Hill
62 Will Davis
RG
50 Alphonse Taylor
73 Brandon Hill
75 Bradley Bozeman
C
70 Ryan Kelly
69 Paul Waldrop
66 Chris Posa
LG
77 Arie Kouandjio
68 Isaac Luatua
60 Brandon Moore
LT
72 Leon Brown
58 Brandon Greene
74 Cameron Robinson
QB
6 Blake Sims
11 Alec Morris
18 Cooper Bateman
RB
4 T.J. Yeldon
17 Kenyan Drake
27 Derrick Henry
PK
99 Adam Griffith
97 John Pizzitola

DEFENSE

DT/E
86 A'Shawn Robinson
57 D.J. Pettway
53 Anthony Orr
NG
99 Brandon Ivory
90 Jarran Reed
95 Darren Lake
E
54 Dalvin Tomlinson
93 Jonathan Allen
94 Dakota Ball
JACK
47 Xzavier Dickson
56 Tim Williams
35 Walker Jones
WLB
33 Trey DePriest
11 Shaun Dion Hamilton
34 Tyler Owens
MLB
10 Reuben Foster
19 Reggie Ragland
55 Josh Dickerson
SLB
30 Denzel Devall
25 Dillon Lee
7 Ryan Anderson
RCB
4 Eddie Jackson
21 Maurice Smith
2 Tony Brown
FS
26 Landon Collins
24 Geno Smith
23 Jabriel Washington
SS
20 Jarrick Williams
27 Nick Perry
6 Laurence Jones
LCB
3 Bradley Sylve
5 Cyrus Jones
28 Anthony Averett
P
98 Adrian Lamothe
99 Adam Griffith
That looks like the same ole same ole to me. I'm going to be beyond belief if Chris Black doesn't get a real chance this season.
My goodness, the kid has come through every time he's touched the ball. I honestly can't believe he hasn't transferred.
Hopefully things will change.
O.J. Howard listed behind Vogler is downright ridiculous to me. That's a joke.
Henry's still 3rd team RB. Allrighty then.
I know things can change. I hope they do.
sip

JessN

Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
That looks like the same ole same ole to me. I'm going to be beyond belief if Chris Black doesn't get a real chance this season.
My goodness, the kid has come through every time he's touched the ball. I honestly can't believe he hasn't transferred.
Hopefully things will change.
O.J. Howard listed behind Vogler is downright ridiculous to me. That's a joke.
Henry's still 3rd team RB. Allrighty then.
I know things can change. I hope they do.
sip
Vogler and Howard both have their roles. Howard doesn't block well enough yet to be on the line at Y every down.

Black is in the A-group rotation right now, top 6 guys are pretty interchangeable.

Henry/Drake/Yeldon, honestly doesn't matter to me how you list them.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Vogler and Howard both have their roles. Howard doesn't block well enough yet to be on the line at Y every down.

Black is in the A-group rotation right now, top 6 guys are pretty interchangeable.

Jess-sincerely appreciate the job you do. Thank you. I'll agree with everything except the RB's. I don't see how Henry can't be number one. He's simply a superior talent, and he's proved it, when given the chance.
That's no slight against T.J. or Kenyan. Derricks just one of those, once in a lifetime talents that we need to utilize while we have him.
sip

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Actually, OJ has been blocking well to earn significant playing time throughout the season.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Remember it's not about who's listed 1, 2, 3.. but look at it as 1a, 1b, 1c :)
Jess-sincerely appreciate the job you do. Thank you. I'll agree with everything except the RB's. I don't see how Henry can't be number one. He's simply a superior talent, and he's proved it, when given the chance.
That's no slight against T.J. or Kenyan. Derricks just one of those, once in a lifetime talents that we need to utilize while we have him.
sip

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
I thought the JuColl TE we signed would be involved in spring drills. Mistaken?

I see that Reed and Pettway are. Maybe I was assuming he would be also.

Did I read that Stewart is working with backs?

Last edited:

JessN

Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
sip
I will be highly shocked if Yeldon doesn't start. Highly.

JessN

Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Actually, OJ has been blocking well to earn significant playing time throughout the season.
He earned significant playing time because of his receiving skills. His blocking was adequate, but certainly not great. There was some discussion of him moving to WR early last fall camp.

Not that Vogler approximated Michael Williams' production as a blocker, either; losing Williams had as much of a negative effect on the running game at times as did the loss of Chance Warmack at guard. I said Howard didn't block well enough yet to be on the line at Y every down, which is what played out last year. If he has improved, he can pressure Vogler for the starting job. If he's still behind Vogler as a blocker to the extent he was last year, Vogler will continue to start ahead of him and Howard can compete at H, where he doesn't have to be aligned at the point of attack all the time.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I'd agree with the idea that Devall is probably more capable of playing Sam than Dickson. I've been disappointed by our OLB plays since Upshaw. Hubbard put up a good RS So year in 2012 but we kinda saw the regression to the mean last year. Hubbard, Devall, and Dickson all just look way too stiff and lacking in terms of moves that can shake SEC-quality LTs. I'd have to look at the tape to figure out how Hubbard had 7 or 8 sacks in 2012.

We need an outside backer to step up this season in the worst way. Another year of seeing 300lb down linemen trying to case down a slight but shifty QB is going to turn my hair gray before 30. Until that position group starts making headway, we're just not going to have a shot at putting another 2009 or 2011 type defense on the field. Devall might make for a good Sam LB where he mostly blitzes but he is just athletic enough to do some zone coverage underneath (potentially). Plus, he might be good enough to beat most SEC RTs.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Henry is a Bo Jackson/Herschel Walker type talent. Yeldon is not even close to that. IMO, Drake is a better RB than Yeldon and I think that this will prove out in the NFL. And that is not a knock on Yeldon - just a testament to the quality depth that you have. I won't guess who will start at Alabama this season at the outset of the season, and guys like Tenpenny and Scarbrough aren't even included, but I believe that Henry will be getting most of the carries by the end of the season.

Will Tenpenny stay with Alabama?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.