Amari Cooper Was Clocked at Sub-4.4 Times in 40 Yard Dash Three Times at Pro Day

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Link

Amari Cooper said he never ran a 40-yard dash before last week.

His unofficial times only begged the question of what the Alabama wide receiver might be able to accomplish with a little bit of practice.

Cooper said Saturday he was clocked at times of 4.31, 4.35 and 4.38 when he ran the 40 after Alabama's Pro Day. It's common for players who are eligible to enter the NFL Draft after the upcoming season to go through such drills once the Pro Day comes to a close.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Did they check is size as well? Is 6-1; 204 accurate?

We have seen him suddenly break free from defenders and also saw McCarron hit him in stride when at the beginning of the throw it looked like the ball was going to sail way past Cooper. Quick and fast.

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
I hope he's more interested this year than last. I just got the feeling all year long that he wasn't in the game at 100% - either physically, mentally, or both.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I hope he's more interested this year than last. I just got the feeling all year long that he wasn't in the game at 100% - either physically, mentally, or both.
It's how I felt too and was very reminiscent of Julio's sophomore slump. Although I will still give Julio credit for blocking like a beast on running plays even when his WR production was down. But in both Amari and Julio's case it's like they just weren't concentrating and had way to many dropped passes that were right in the hands.

Hopefully Coop is in it this season 100% for the mental and physical aspects because CLK has the ability to make WR's stars in his offense. Coop has the potential to catch for over 1,500 yrds and 20+ TD's but he needs the QB to get him the ball and he needs to play hard every play and get open. I'd say he even had a few DJ Hall moments last year where he took plays off.

Methylred

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 29, 2006
With the speed of Cooper on the perimeter and Howard at TE, one would think that the opposing CB and SS would be forced to yield a bit of cushion. Why then do we see so few outside runs? I have a hard time believing that Drake can't beat an OLB to the corner.

RollinTider1335

All-SEC
Jun 12, 2010
Spring Hill, TN
It's how I felt too and was very reminiscent of Julio's sophomore slump. Although I will still give Julio credit for blocking like a beast on running plays even when his WR production was down. But in both Amari and Julio's case it's like they just weren't concentrating and had way to many dropped passes that were right in the hands.

Hopefully Coop is in it this season 100% for the mental and physical aspects because CLK has the ability to make WR's stars in his offense. Coop has the potential to catch for over 1,500 yrds and 20+ TD's but he needs the QB to get him the ball and he needs to play hard every play and get open. I'd say he even had a few DJ Hall moments last year where he took plays off.
This new offense/OC may be the best thing for us. I just thought at times the entire offense looked disinterested (more indicative of the OC play calling). Hopefully this is the shot in the arm they need.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
This new offense/OC may be the best thing for us. I just thought at times the entire offense looked disinterested (more indicative of the OC play calling). Hopefully this is the shot in the arm they need.
I've got great hopes for CLK, if CNS will let him function. I think the USC kid who said that he would be terrific just "operating in his cylinder," without all the other HC distractions. Interestingly, both he and CKS are exactly the same age - 38, and I don't think either is mature enough yet for a major college HC job...

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
This may be a dumb question & I apologize if it is..I thought Pro Day was just for Seniors or Juniors that are leaving Bama, that's moving on to the NFL, is the Pro Day Camp open for all players on the football team???..

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
This may be a dumb question & I apologize if it is..I thought Pro Day was just for Seniors or Juniors that are leaving Bama, that's moving on to the NFL, is the Pro Day Camp open for all players on the football team???..
No, but it is open to players who are beginning their third year of eligibility and think they may come out after the next season. Sort of like a dry run for the SAT...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.