Scratch Sam Adams and Guiness off of my list of beers to drink

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
They gave in to the gay occult and backed out of sponsoring St. Paddy's day parades because gays weren't allowed to march. So less than 4% of the population identifies themselves as LGBTBLW and large corporations cave to this? I don't get it.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
They gave in to the gay occult and backed out of sponsoring St. Paddy's day parades because gays weren't allowed to march. So less than 4% of the population identifies themselves as LGBTBLW and large corporations cave to this? I don't get it.
Occult? Really?

and good for Sam Adams and Guinness, I'll buy from both later today thanks for the heads up

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
After the Britain Beer Festival, in London, all the brewery presidents decided to go out for a beer.

The guy from Corona sits down and says, "Hey Señor, I would like the world's best beer, a Corona." The bartender dusts off a bottle from the shelf and gives it to him. The guy from Budweiser says, "I'd like the best beer in the world, give me 'The King Of Beers', a Budweiser." The bartender gives him one. The guy from Coors says, "I'd like the only beer made with Rocky Mountain spring water, give me a Coors." He gets it.

The guy from Guinness sits down and says, "Give me a Coke." The bartender is a little taken aback, but gives him what he ordered. The other brewery presidents look over at him and ask "Why aren't you drinking a Guinness?" and the Guinness president replies, "Well, I figured if you guys aren't drinking beer, neither would I."

:biggrin:

skrayper77

All-American
Sep 4, 2003
I view it like this:

I didn't boycott Chick-Fil-A, because even if I did disagree with their public comments, in the long run I would hurt the employees long before I would hurt a millionaire (or billionaire) CEO of a major corporation. I like that they treat their employees well, give them Sundays off - this trumped that.

If you're going to boycott someone, I would strongly suggest it be for more than just their opinion of gays or no gays in a parade.

skrayper77

All-American
Sep 4, 2003
After the Britain Beer Festival, in London, all the brewery presidents decided to go out for a beer.

The guy from Corona sits down and says, "Hey Señor, I would like the world's best beer, a Corona." The bartender dusts off a bottle from the shelf and gives it to him. The guy from Budweiser says, "I'd like the best beer in the world, give me 'The King Of Beers', a Budweiser." The bartender gives him one. The guy from Coors says, "I'd like the only beer made with Rocky Mountain spring water, give me a Coors." He gets it.

The guy from Guinness sits down and says, "Give me a Coke." The bartender is a little taken aback, but gives him what he ordered. The other brewery presidents look over at him and ask "Why aren't you drinking a Guinness?" and the Guinness president replies, "Well, I figured if you guys aren't drinking beer, neither would I."

:biggrin:
I am so stealing this :)

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
I don't drink much anymore, but I do enjoy a Sammy now and then. I'll be more likely to do so now. Not that I would have stopped if they were still sponsoring.

I'm with Jon. "Occult"? Really? I'm going to assume you were looking for another word and got confused. Happens to me all the time.

mikes12

All-American
Nov 10, 2005
Chattanooga, TN
I am amazed at how the whole idea about attitudes toward gay people has become such a large litmus test on so many things in our society lately.

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
All of this is dumb.

Parades = Dumb
People who want to march in parades = Dumb
People who attend parades = Dumb
Companies caving to outside pressure to appease anyone and everyone = Dumb
People who boycott anything at the drop of a hat = Dumb

Everything is terrible.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Good one Mittman. Now I'm boycotting You Tube for that blasphemous video. I was kinda attracted to some of the whatever they weres.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.