Who's your favorite Tournament Cinderella?

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Don't overlook the Cajuns vs Creighton --
They have 2 stud players and a great PG -- they are athletes and are on a roll......They shoot the 3 well, and if they can shut down McDermott - the Cajuns can pull off the upset.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I picked Oregon to reach the final four. I picked Stephen F Austin to upset Va. Commonwealth.
I also think Gonzaga will win at least a couple of games if not make a run to the final eight or four.
They have the big guy inside and the best two shooting guards I've seen this year.
The first round games between the 8 and 9 seeds are going to be battles. Pretty good match ups.
I ultimately picked Syracuse to beat Louisville for the title.
They had a little late season slump but I still think they can put together a run to win it.
BUT..Cinderella's? Oregon and Gonzaga would be my choices. I really like Gonzaga. I mean, how can you not like a Gonzaga? :) Sounds like a bean or something lol
sip

BamaDan26

Jun 19, 2013
I picked Oklahoma St. to the final four. I feel like if theres a Cinderella team it will come out of the West division which Arizona is the #1 seed.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Since Arizona is without their best player, they would be my pick!

Mainly because I have a good friend who went there, and he isn't feeling his oats, over this bunch.

Losing to UCLA................oy vey.........

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Stephen F Austin
Harvard
North Dakota State
North Carolina Central

I don't think it will happen but it would be hilarious if Wichita State became the first #1 seed to lose to a 16 seed.

Last edited:

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
I don't think it will happen but it would be hilarious if Wichita State became the first #1 seed to lose to a 16 seed.
Why would you want the Shockers (as opposed to the Shakas) to lose early instead of winning it all, and reminding us just how close 'Bama is to the glory days of old (NIT finals)?

On the other hand, one can only hope Delaware goes down with the opening tip - otherwise we're reminded of a template that might be at work with Grant: Coach loses everything but his whistle first five years on the job, crowds dwindle to nothing, fan base is apathetic, AD is crazily appeased - then comes a magical season where it all coalesces to erase the past, and suddenly, a hot young coaching prospect emerges...NOT.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
SFA (brother in law went there)
NC St. Have them in Sweet 16
Creighton in Final 4 (Not that 3 seed is cinderella)
Harvard (need some "Crimson" there....)

alabama mike1

All-American
Jul 12, 2013
Ohio
Dayton, bc I received my Master's and did post graduate work from there. Of course, thats easy to say after they have won 2 games.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.