Water's Wet. Fat Meat's Greasy.4 UGA Players Arrested

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
And it continues

Link here

Four Georgia football players, including promising safety Tray Matthews, have been charged with multiple counts of theft by deception and were in the Clarke County Jail on Monday night.Also charged are defensive lineman Jonathan Taylor and James DeLoach and wide receiver Uriah LeMay.
Matthews, a sophomore from Newnan, is facing at least three misdemeanor counts. Taylor and DeLoach are facing two misdemeanor charges and LeMay four, according to the online arrest log for the jail.
The news comes on the eve of Georgia opening spring football practices on Tuesday afternoon.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
These types of offenses can happen at any school any time. I really don't understand what these guys are thinking. I hope Bama can escape any problems this year. I really don't think any coach or program is immune.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I really don't wanna say anything negative, and jinx our football program, cause as we've learned the hard way, ya never ever know when we wake up to the news of it being Bama Players..I know kids will be kids, but, don't these kids realize just how big of an opportunity, they're paying around with, by doing these stupid stupid stupid crimes..It's an opportunity the rest of us can only dream about..

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
We were all 18 once. We all had nights where we were smoking pot, playing x-box.....and that just got boring. So we decided to knock out some nerds, grind on some hot girls that are just studying at the library, and then steal some stuff from some cars. Not sure what the big deal is. We were all 18 once.

Isn't that the argument on here when it's a Bama player that gets arrested?

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
[/COLOR]
We were all 18 once. We all had nights where we were smoking pot, playing x-box.....and that just got boring. So we decided to knock out some nerds, grind on some hot girls that are just studying at the library, and then steal some stuff from some cars. Not sure what the big deal is. We were all 18 once. [/COLOR]
...how many of us can honestly say that at one time or another he hasn't set fire to some great public building? I know I have.

We were all 18 once. We all had nights where we were smoking pot, playing x-box.....and that just got boring. So we decided to knock out some nerds, grind on some hot girls that are just studying at the library, and then steal some stuff from some cars. Not sure what the big deal is. We were all 18 once.

Agreed, but c'mon it's UGA!

Sent from my iPhone

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN
Seriously, can anybody remember an off-season where at least one UGA player wasn't arrested for something? It's as reliable as the sun rising in the east. Mark Richt's holier than thou attitude makes it even more ridiculous.
To be fair, while he doesn't seem to do a great job preventing behavioral issues, UGA is a lot more strict about team dismissals than some other SEC coaches. I don't know how much of that is CMR vs UGA policies out of his control.

Seriously, can anybody remember an off-season where at least one UGA player wasn't arrested for something? It's as reliable as the sun rising in the east. Mark Richt's holier than thou attitude makes it even more ridiculous.
And that's what I don't get. You would think the players would be in line. Also, I could see if it were unknown players, but it is starters or highly recruited players.

Sent from my iPhone

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va

I agree, a good number of us might say that. Then we also might remark that it's a shame because these guys have so much more to lose, among other things, and then acknowledge they are going to have to 'pay the piper'. And under CNS...they have.

Roll Tide!

Tidetwin

All-American
May 15, 2006
Northeast Georgia
Richt keeps stuff pretty close to the vest but too many members of Dawg throng are quick with the hosannahs.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
Richt keeps stuff pretty close to the vest but too many members of Dawg throng are quick with the hosannahs.
I wasn't necessarily referring to anything religious. I was talking about his attitude that he and his players are above criticism.

tidefan23

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2004
Hoover, AL
I don't see how those players can stay in school. They basically stole from the school. A non-player would be dismissed through a honor-code or student handbook violation.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
I wasn't necessarily referring to anything religious. I was talking about his attitude that he and his players are above criticism.
Don't you know it's almost Dickensian over there? Why, Uriah, he be in a heap of trouble...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.