Auburn hires Bruce pearl

Status
Not open for further replies.

pchil86

3rd Team
Feb 16, 2014
For anybody that cared, it's just been announced auburn has hired Bruce pearl

Sorry don't have the link right now but I just got a notification sent to my phone via espn score center app

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
I hate to say it but AU hired a dang good basketball coach. It will be interesting to see how quickly he can turn them around. My guess is no more than 2 or 3 years. He is a slimeball and I never wanted us to hire him but I hate that he went to our closest rival.

pchil86

3rd Team
Feb 16, 2014
I hate to say it but AU hired a dang good basketball coach. It will be interesting to see how quickly he can turn them around. My guess is no more than 2 or 3 years. He is a slimeball and I never wanted us to hire him but I hate that he went to our closest rival.
Couldn't agree more.....he's a proven coach....hate that auburn got him....if grant can get it together this season coming up, it could make for some entertaining rivalry games between the two....similar to Kentucky/Louisville

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
He can't start coaching until August. Who will coach the team during the offseason?

pchil86

3rd Team
Feb 16, 2014
And now, the barn eclipses Bama in basketball. This is not good for the Tide.
Wouldn't go that far yet.....bama has better players and while pearl is a proven coach....he hasn't done anything at auburn yet....at this point this is nothing more than a hire that only looks good

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
People bash Battle for not firing Grant and hiring Pearl in 5....4.....3......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
This is not going to turn into that type of thread, or suspensions will be handed down. Don't want to miss football season do ya? :cool:

People bash Battle for not firing Grant and hiring Pearl in 5....4.....3......

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Not me, I don't want Pearl. Just an observation about public reaction to the hire might be.

theBIGyowski

All-American
Aug 4, 2005
Cumming, GA
Pearl will do well at Auburn if they allow him to do what he wants to do. The question is...will he stay there if he has sustained success?

This is not an "I wish we had hired him" post...but it does show how bad Pearl wanted to coach that he took the Auburn job this quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.