Official NCAA Tournament Thread

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I actually think it's one of the best! Exciting games, upsets, Duke's gone, UNC's gone, ......
Quality of play is the only thing that interests me once my teams are gone, and the quality of play this year is really down. Either we have the best defensive players in recent history, or we have some of the worst clutch shooters. I have never cared about "upsets". Not sure why they seems to garner so much interest. I would much rather see the best teams play well and advance, making the final 4 about the right things, not "upsets".

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
I'm not sure there are any "best teams" in basketball anymore. I think "parity" is the rule for the day. I'm not even sure there are "upsets". I really think they got the best 64 teams in the nation this year.

Quality of play is the only thing that interests me once my teams are gone, and the quality of play this year is really down. Either we have the best defensive players in recent history, or we have some of the worst clutch shooters. I have never cared about "upsets". Not sure why they seems to garner so much interest. I would much rather see the best teams play well and advance, making the final 4 about the right things, not "upsets".

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I'm not sure there are any "best teams" in basketball anymore. I think "parity" is the rule for the day. I'm not even sure there are "upsets". I really think they got the best 64 teams in the nation this year.
That won't happen until AQs are removed. There's no need for a 14-20 team in the tournament because they won 5 straight games to win their conference tournament. Imagine SMU as a 16 seed rather than playing in the NIT. Then, we'll get the best tournament possible.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
I don't like that either, but I think it's here to stay. There are no AQ's really left that didn't do well in the regular season.

That won't happen until AQs are removed. There's no need for a 14-20 team in the tournament because they won 5 straight games to win their conference tournament. Imagine SMU as a 16 seed rather than playing in the NIT. Then, we'll get the best tournament possible.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
my personal belief is that any team with a sub .500 record should automatically omitted from conference tourneys.
I've always liked that, but with one important change. I'd omit eliminating them from conference tournament and just prohibit their entering the NCAA - drop down to #2, etc. If the conference didn't have even one with a .500 plus record, too bad. You lose your AQ for the NCAA for that year...

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I've always liked that, but with one important change. I'd omit eliminating them from conference tournament and just prohibit their entering the NCAA - drop down to #2, etc. If the conference didn't have even one with a .500 plus record, too bad. You lose your AQ for the NCAA for that year...
I meant to add that last part.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
Re: NCAA Basketball Tournament

I like the energy of both of these teams! BTW - Rex Chapman says that CJC will be coaching the Lakers next year, win or lose tonight.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
So an unranked team wins the National championship. So are we really sure we want a playoff in football?

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
We knew they were good on offense but how about Napier and Boatright on defense last night - dang those guys were impressive!

Coach Ollie....makes his players run if they lose FT contests in practice. It showed last night.

So Louisville beats UCONN three times in a row......but then they lose to their arch rival Kentucky....who goes on to lose to UCONN....I wonder how they are feeling right now....

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
About the way we feel for losing to API, I would imagine. That is what makes a rivalry.

And to think...........maybe if CJC made his players run laps for missed FTs..............maybe they would care.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.