Official NCAA Tournament Thread

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Coach Grant played for Dayton from '83-'87...
Any chance "Mama calls" and 'Bama swings a trade with Dayton for a new coach? Archie Miller, one of the three or four top young 'uns working the sideline.

Oh, yeah: Lesson in tradition, be it football or basketball: Never count out any team who knows how to act (and play) like it's been there before. That would be UK, 5-star hordes on the floor notwithstanding.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Here's the weekend Elite 8 game schedule:

Dayton #11 S vs. Florida #1 S FedExForum (Memphis, Tenn.) Saturday, March 29 6:09 pm TBS

Wisconsin #2 W vs. Arizona #1 W Honda Center (Anaheim, CA) Saturday, March 29 8:49 pm TBS

Connecticut #7 E vs. Michigan St. #4 E Madison Square Garden (New York, N.Y.) Sunday, March 30 2:20 pm CBS

Kentucky #8 MW vs. Michigan #2 MW Lucas Oil Stadium (Indianapolis, Ind.) Sunday, March 30 5:05 pm CBS

I would love to see the kitties wax UM!

Whisky over Zona?

Dayton is playing very good and will be a challenge for Florida.

U Conn vs. MSU......wonder how that one will go. MSU had a huge battle with UV last night and might be a little fatigued. We'll see.....

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Here's the weekend Elite 8 game schedule:

Dayton #11 S vs. Florida #1 S FedExForum (Memphis, Tenn.) Saturday, March 29 6:09 pm TBS

Wisconsin #2 W vs. Arizona #1 W Honda Center (Anaheim, CA) Saturday, March 29 8:49 pm TBS

Connecticut #7 E vs. Michigan St. #4 E Madison Square Garden (New York, N.Y.) Sunday, March 30 2:20 pm CBS

Kentucky #8 MW vs. Michigan #2 MW Lucas Oil Stadium (Indianapolis, Ind.) Sunday, March 30 5:05 pm CBS

I would love to see the kitties wax UM!

Whisky over Zona?

Dayton is playing very good and will be a challenge for Florida.

U Conn vs. MSU......wonder how that one will go. MSU had a huge battle with UV last night and might be a little fatigued. We'll see.....
I think wisky wins. I think MSU still has some in the tank. I am flip flopping over Dayton vs Florida and Kentucky vs. Meeeshigun.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
I was at the sweet 16 in Indy yesterday, so I got to see the Stokes call live. Yes, UT got screwed over. Stokes lowered his shoulder, and the defender sold it well, but it was a call that shouldn't have been made. On a second note, I will give the UT faithful credit, they had a much better attendance than I was expecting. It was no where near the UK or Louisville faithful, but they seemed to be pretty close to the amount of Michigan fans.

The second game was crazy. I was sitting in a Louisville section, and they were as rabid a fan base as I have ever seen. However, I was marginally disappointed by the UK folks. They traveled well as you would expect, but they seemed rather passive up until the last 3 minutes. Almost more like there was nothing but bandwagon fans for them. Still, it was incredible to watch the two fan bases interact. They hate each other with the same fervor that we hate Auburn, so the dynamics of their interactions throughout the game was quite fascinating. It was a great win for the Cats, and for the SEC in general. It's quite impressive for the SEC to put 2 of it's top 3 teams into the elite 8, and the other take last year's runner up down to the wire.

For the rest of the year, I will say Go Blue and Go Gators, but then after that I'll get back to disliking them equally. RTR

10Bama54

1st Team
Sep 16, 2006
Anyone watching the Florida/Dayton game? Is the Pollard playing for Dayton the same Pollard that played for us?

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
Congrats to Bazza for his Gators in Final Four.

It isn't hard to like Billy Donovan and the hoops Gators. Besides, Bazza is a good citizen on Tidefans.com. Hoping for a Gators vs Spartans final.

rolltideallday

1st Team
Dec 18, 2011
Tuscaloosa, AL
Final Four? They're on the same side of the bracket.

I was watching after the game and I think it was Reggie Miller saying this was Donovan's best coaching job because he didn't have any 1st or 2nd round picks on his team. Now I don't know if that is true, but you don't have to have top NBA draft talent to have one of the most talented teams in the country

Congrats to Bazza for his Gators in Final Four.

It isn't hard to like Billy Donovan and the hoops Gators. Besides, Bazza is a good citizen on Tidefans.com. Hoping for a Gators vs Spartans final.

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds

I was watching after the game and I think it was Reggie Miller saying this was Donovan's best coaching job because he didn't have any 1st or 2nd round picks on his team. Now I don't know if that is true, but you don't have to have top NBA draft talent to have one of the most talented teams in the country
Well, dang. :wink:
Changing my "hope for" to Spartans v Gators with Spartans going to final. I like and respect Bazza, but not that much. :biggrin2: It's the other Gator fans that are insufferable.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture

they may not have that 1st round talent but they have a rotation full of good, quality players. and u are correct, u dont have to have the most talent.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.