Greg McElroy retires and joins the SEC network

BamaGal99

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 1, 2011
Re: Greg McElroy announces his NFL retirement via Twitter

Greg's a good guy. Wish all the best for him. He will have a bright future no matter what he does. Good luck!! Roll Tide!!

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Class guy. Represents our university in a great fashion, IMHO. Good luck Greg and ROLL TIDE !

rickvox79

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2008
Pace, FL

My guess is it won't take him long to find work. Whether as a studio/game analyst or a politician, he'll be good at whatever he does.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL

My 2 Cents: UA needs to hire Greg and put him in the Athletic Dept. in a capacity that will train him in all of the facets of running a Big Time program. He has the business degrees and sports knowledge not to mention the carisma needed to become a great AD.

Last edited:

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006

I just hope he doesn't go to the Cowboys and work under his dad. He does need Jerry Jones showing him how to run a team.

rickvox79

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2008
Pace, FL

I sure like that kid, NFL never gave him a fighting chance. He was better than Sanchez, Ray Charles could see that.
I remember his rookie year he came in late against the Cardinals after Rex Ryan had benched Sanchez. They were down 6-0 and he led them down the field and threw a TD pass winning the game 7-6. I remember Jets crowd was loving it. It's too bad he didn't get more of a chance to show what he could do.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

My 2 Cents: UA needs to hire Greg and put him in the Athletic Dept. in a capacity that will train him in all of the facets of running a Big Time program. He has the business degrees and sports knowledge no to mention the carisma needed to become a great AD.
I don't think we can afford Greg. He is going to be making a lot money with somebody real soon.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

Greg McElroy is very likely to be working for either Fox Sports 1 or SEC Network by this Fall.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

Greg McElroy is very likely to be working for either Fox Sports 1 or SEC Network by this Fall.
Yep, and then on to politics. I look forward to voting for him someday.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana

It's probably for the best, Greg is meant for far better things than the NFL anyways. Just the fact that he had a multiple year career in the NFL proved people wrong considering how may analysts thought he would never even make a roster. I can guarantee that this won't be the last we hear from Mr McElroy.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida

What a great QB and an even greater guy. I wish him all the best and know he has the capabilities to succeed in anything he wants.

Good luck, G-mac! :)

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN

The future is very bright for Greg. I suspect he will end up in the front office of an NFL team before too long. He knows football, is educated, and has charisma.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.