Blog: Latest Bama News 3/24/14

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
More info:
Greg McElroy to join SEC Network as analyst after former Alabama quarterback retires from NFL | AL.com via rbr
After three years in the NFL, Greg McElroy faced a decision. He'd spent three years as a reserve with the Jets and Bengals and another opportunity came up. So, on Friday, McElroy announced his retirement from the NFL.

By Monday, he'll be announced as the newest addition to the SEC Network's stable of analysts. The exact details are still being ironed out, but the former Alabama quarterback is signing a long-term deal with the network launching Aug. 14, 2014.
McElroy joins analysts Jesse Palmer and Tim Tebow and commentators Paul Finebaum, Brent Musburger and Joe Tessitore.

I feel like this is the first time that I've realized that Tessitore will be a part of this. Color me unnerved. If anyone isn't familiar with the Tessitore Effect, prepare yourself. In the past three or four years, it seems nothing has been as constant as Tess's uncanny ability to will chaos on the games he calls. Fourth quarter comebacks and upsets abound when Tess is in the booth, and I would be perfectly content if he never calls a Bama game.
rbr op

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.