Where in the rotation is Kenyan Drake?

bobmack12champs

1st Team
Mar 1, 2001
Florence, Al. USA
Haven't heard too much talk about KD, Where in the rotation of rb's is he?I thought he had a super game against LSU, I thought he and Yeldon would be the 1 2 punch in the backfield.I hear more about OJ Howard but whomever, I'm sure it'll be the best combo.

Is it true that 911 is opting for an unlisted number!:biggrin2:

Watch the teaser titles.

Last edited by a moderator:

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
From the drills I'm seeing he is 3rd behind Yeldon and Henry. Main thing he's got to prove is toughness and ball security this year. If he does that he'll have a shot at the pro's. He's certainly got the speed and quickness. You never know when you're going to suffer a rash of injuries either. I've seen our #5 running back starting iron bowls in the past.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
From the drills I'm seeing he is 3rd behind Yeldon and Henry. Main thing he's got to prove is toughness and ball security this year. If he does that he'll have a shot at the pro's. He's certainly got the speed and quickness. You never know when you're going to suffer a rash of injuries either. I've seen our #5 running back starting iron bowls in the past.
true about the injuries. You never know.

BigBama76

Suspended
Oct 26, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I wouldn't be surprised if we unveil a package with multiple RB's or he might be used like Upchurch primarily in the 4th QTR and on certain pass plays. Get him in space and he's deadly.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I think the main issue for Yeldon AND Drake is ball security. They both had fumblitis at the worst possible times. Unlike Yeldon, Drake compounded that with off-field issues, further compounded with some ill-advised tweets about playing time late in the season.

If Henry can hold onto the ball in red zone traffic, block passably well, and keep his nose clean in the classroom and social media (all of which are far more mental than physical requirements), I think he might displace even Yeldon. He certainly has the chops when he has the ball in his hands. It's the rest of the position that poses issues for freshmen.

Drake has shown brief flashes of brilliance, punctuated with long bouts of unreliability both on and off the field. So if Saban is serious about "starting over," I'm not at all convinced Tenpenny won't be in the top three, replacing a Drake who, flashes notwithstanding, has yet to prove he's consistently dependable, either on or off the field.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.