New Baseball America poll

HolyCow

3rd Team
Mar 27, 2010
Field of Dreams
After seeing the latest poll I feel like I'm living in Groundhog day. Where is Bama in the poll? Missing in action. Where is Awbarn? Newly ranked this week at 21. Yes, we are only 6 games into SEC schedule. Awbarn is under first year coach Galloway. They kicked off 3 players before season and somehow are ranked and lead the SEC in BA. Thats right sports fans, they are hitting ,310 number one in SEC to our number 10 .234. Check the stats. Oh sure, right field is full of beer drinkin students. Thats not going to make anyone hit better. If we don't somehow make it to Omaha, The whole staff needs to be FIRED! Period! Wake up Crimson kool aid drinkers.Oh wait, you wake up and its same stuff just different season. Just my opinion.

Last edited:

crimsonkelly

All-American
Feb 2, 2002
Thomasville, GA, USA
hmm, lets see, we are a 1/2 game back of them for SEC West (us 3-3 and them 4-2) first place and 2 games back in overall record (us 15-8 them 17-8). Not to mention we are 1-0 against them this season. Do changes probably do need to be made, sure, not sure a burning down the house is what is needed. Are you saying the same thing if we take 2/3 from Arkansas? If we had of, we would be #21 and they would be somewhere behind us.

crimsonkelly

All-American
Feb 2, 2002
Thomasville, GA, USA
So, when we score 3+ runs Andy doesn't get credit, but when we score less than 3 and lose he gets credit. I understand the frustration that most are stating on here, but for a couple weeks no one said a thing about him when we were scoring in bunches. Then we face a top 10 pitching staff and explode Friday, then get shut down on Saturday and Sunday and Andy is to blame.

Why isn't anyone on here Singing the praises of Dax as the pitching coach? I mean isn't he really the only one keeping afloat? :rolleyes:

rolltideallday

1st Team
Dec 18, 2011
Tuscaloosa, AL
And we have played 6 games against teams ranked in the top 20. If we trade our series against ULL for Presbyterian like they played we probably have a better record than they do. Now, this week probably won't help since we're playing Ole Miss while they play Missouri so I guess we'll get to visit this topic again Monday.

hmm, lets see, we are a 1/2 game back of them for SEC West (us 3-3 and them 4-2) first place and 2 games back in overall record (us 15-8 them 17-8). Not to mention we are 1-0 against them this season. Do changes probably do need to be made, sure, not sure a burning down the house is what is needed. Are you saying the same thing if we take 2/3 from Arkansas? If we had of, we would be #21 and they would be somewhere behind us.

crimsonkelly

All-American
Feb 2, 2002
Thomasville, GA, USA
And we have played 6 games against teams ranked in the top 20. If we trade our series against ULL for Presbyterian like they played we probably have a better record than they do. Now, this week probably won't help since we're playing Ole Miss while they play Missouri so I guess we'll get to visit this topic again Monday.
I am about at the point of simply visiting football and recruiting on Tidefans and paying attention to twitter for baseball.....

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I am about at the point of simply visiting football and recruiting on Tidefans and paying attention to twitter for baseball.....
I am too. There are 2-3 on here that are going to complain until the whole staff is fired and they pretty much ruin it for the rest of us. They probably complain the same way about their jobs, personal lives, etc. To start a thread about firing the whole staff because the Barn is ranked is childish.

rolltideallday

1st Team
Dec 18, 2011
Tuscaloosa, AL
I think we should fire our football coaches. Shoot, Auburn went and got a new staff in the off season and were #1 in the SEC in offensive yards while we were #6. They even had a first year QB who was a DB at UGA. We can't let Auburn finish ahead of us in the poll without a major reaction.

Also, could it just be that Auburn is a really good hitting team or has gone against some poor pitching? Granted, I haven't watched any of their games this season (I was out during our game against them and just had to follow the score) but if they lead the SEC in hitting does that mean that every other SEC team sucks at hitting because they are behind them?

I am too. There are 2-3 on here that are going to complain until the whole staff is fired and they pretty much ruin it for the rest of us. They probably complain the same way about their jobs, personal lives, etc. To start a thread about firing the whole staff because the Barn is ranked is childish.

crimsonkelly

All-American
Feb 2, 2002
Thomasville, GA, USA
I think we should fire our football coaches. Shoot, Auburn went and got a new staff in the off season and were #1 in the SEC in offensive yards while we were #6. They even had a first year QB who was a DB at UGA. We can't let Auburn finish ahead of us in the poll without a major reaction.

Also, could it just be that Auburn is a really good hitting team or has gone against some poor pitching? Granted, I haven't watched any of their games this season (I was out during our game against them and just had to follow the score) but if they lead the SEC in hitting does that mean that every other SEC team sucks at hitting because they are behind them?
Auburn obviously hasn't faced top tier pitching yet, but even so .310 as a team average is solid. TiderJ was in agreement with me. Fact is, when we were producing offensively for a couple weeks tumbleweeds were blowing in this forum due to no complaining. We then get shut down on Sat and Sun at Arkansas (a top 10 pitching team), next thing you know it all pops up again about how Andy is the problem, he gets NO credit at all, but ALL the blame...

Anyone know Alabama is #14 in baseball in all time wins? Nationally that is and #2 in the SEC?

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Auburn obviously hasn't faced top tier pitching yet, but even so .310 as a team average is solid. TiderJ was in agreement with me. Fact is, when we were producing offensively for a couple weeks tumbleweeds were blowing in this forum due to no complaining. We then get shut down on Sat and Sun at Arkansas (a top 10 pitching team), next thing you know it all pops up again about how Andy is the problem, he gets NO credit at all, but ALL the blame...

Anyone know Alabama is #14 in baseball in all time wins? Nationally that is and #2 in the SEC?
I did not know that. Nice stat. We put up 7 tonight against a good SEC opponent and got a W. Roll Tide!!!

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Here is our hitting stats over our last 18 games of which 9 have been conference games. We hit a total of 26 HR's all of last year.

In winning 15 of their last 18 games, the Tide is hitting .296 with 36 doubles, three triples and 15 home runs for a .436 slugging percentage, while averaging 7.2 runs and 10.2 hits per game during that stretch.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.