Job Offer Pulled for USF Job for Manhattan Coach

rrbox

3rd Team
Jan 21, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Brett McMurphy ‏@McMurphyESPN 1h

Manhattan’s Steve Masiello had USF job offer pulled because he never graduated from Kentucky, as indicated on resume, sources told @ESPN

pchil86

3rd Team
Feb 16, 2014
Re: Job Ofer Pulled

What an idiot.....you would think a coach would be more professional than that not to blatantly lie on a resume while looking for a head coaching job

BigA

Scout Team
Dec 21, 2013
Trussville, Al

What an idiot.....you would think a coach would be more professional than that not to blatantly lie on a resume while looking for a head coaching job
If I am not mistaken, you have to have a college degree to be a head coach at the Div 1 level.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012

Being part-wise Irish, I hope it doesn't come from having a name beginning with "O'" or "Mc"...
Ending in a vowel, Earle, with lots of them in-between - Masiello. (That actually might buy him some time - in the confession box:eek:...). The New York Times, never known for subtlety, concluded their article about his academic torment this morning by noting that "In an interview before the Jaspers’ N.C.A.A. tournament game against Louisville, Masiello said that he wanted to build Manhattan into a perennial tournament contender."

Had me harking back to 'Bama's "great" victory over them in the '73 NIT, when Glenn Garrett threw one in from the end of Pier 57 at the buzzer to win it 87-86. Also never forgot Manhattan's guard George Bucci (another vowel-ending name) who was known as "the great white leaper."

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.