Stupid Kentucky Dingle Dorph Mitch O'Connell Confuses Kentucky and Duke

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
You might recall a couple of years ago when Plugs Biden referenced the San Francisco Giants in a playoff game between the 49ers and NY Giants. Although funny, that's understandable since San Fran does have a team called the Giants.

But how does the clown putting together a commercial mix up hated Duke with beloved Kentucky?

http://msn.foxsports.com/buzzer/sto...-celebrating-national-title-by-mistake-032514

And yes I know it's McConnell, but Reagan called him O'Connell in a 1984 campaign stop so there!

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
You might recall a couple of years ago when Plugs Biden referenced the San Francisco Giants in a playoff game between the 49ers and NY Giants. Although funny, that's understandable since San Fran does have a team called the Giants.

But how does the clown putting together a commercial mix up hated Duke with beloved Kentucky?

http://msn.foxsports.com/buzzer/sto...-celebrating-national-title-by-mistake-032514

And yes I know it's McConnell, but Reagan called him O'Connell in a 1984 campaign stop so there!
That might cost him the election in KY. Seriously.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I am sure McConnell put this commercial together himself.
I'm sure he didn't. But things done in one's name still carry consequences for the one with the name. I find it funny but then again politicians shouldn't wear funny hats (pretend sports fan) either. Just ask Dukakis about his tank ride.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Where this may undo McConnell is because he's been there about 30 years or so and it plays right into the "he's really out of touch" theme that undoes a lot of guys who have been in DC forever. It's sort of like when GHW Bush looked at his watch - it crystallizes preconceptions people have of a person. Joe Biden was undone in 1987 when he plagiarized Neil Kinnock - not because of the plagiarism but because his entire candidacy was based on his reputation as an orator who gave good speeches. Gary Hart was undone the same year only because he was already rumored to be a guy who 'really got around.'

It happens all the time. I just found it sort of funny.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Dukakis actually took a tank ride. Biden actually said what you put above. Yes, politicians have to own their ads. But to act like this reflects personally on McConnell and his intelligence or lack thereof is silly.
Then call me silly! It reflects poorly on Mr. Mitch.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I don't believe McConnell has much to worry about with Bevin. Story

U.S. Senate candidate Matt Bevin took part in a rally Saturday planned to support the legalization of cockfighting in Kentucky.

Bevin's campaign, however, described the event at the Corbin Arena in Corbin, Ky., as a "states' rights rally," and said that Bevin, who is challenging U.S. Sen. Mitch McConnell in the Republican primary in May, didn't know that it had any ties to cockfighting.

"It was not a cockfighting rally, it was a states' rights rally," said Rachel Semmel, a Bevin spokeswoman.

But the event's organizer told the Corbin News Journal that the sole purpose of the rally was to gain support for legislation to legalize cockfighting in Kentucky. The newspaper reported that about 700 people attended.

"The movement is about changing the law, not breaking the law," said David Devereaux, director of the American Gamefowl Defense Network.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.