Would you Follow the Tuscaloosa Tide - Minor League Football Team?

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Let's say that the union thing takes hold -- and looking ahead 5-7-10 years we start to see College Football evolve to a Minor League System / Farm Club System, etc -- whatever you want to call it. And College Football is either shut down across the country (as we know it) or it's altered to a point where the elite players move into the minor leagues -- and College Football still exists, but it's more of the caliber of MAC or Sun Belt Football --

The elite kids moving from High School to the Minor Leagues - or straight to the NFL out of HS for the super elite --

Would you follow a minor league football team if it was in TTown? Or would you stay loyal to the Crimson Tide even though very few of those kids would ever make it to the NFL -- ? Or would you want both?

PacadermaTideUs

All-American
Dec 10, 2009
Navarre, FL
Would you follow a minor league football team if it was in TTown? Or would you stay loyal to the Crimson Tide even though very few of those kids would ever make it to the NFL -- ? Or would you want both?
Nope. My love and allegiance is to the University of Alabama Crimson Tide, even if they play more like the MAC or Sun Belt. The Tuscaloosa Tide can do whatever they want, but I won't be following them.

Dakotatider

1st Team
Sep 20, 2005
I will never watch a College Football game when i know they are unionized. The Entitlement age is upon us and is downright silly to think the players are anything like Employees. Liberal thinking.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
College Football is the greatest sport on the planet because of the passion the players & fans have in the State's Universities..It's a passion that the NFL just can't match or possess..Same would happen to a minor league team..It just wouldn't be like college football & I wouldn't wanna support it either..I would put all my attention to high school football..It's the only sport that rivals college football with its "Home Grown" passion..

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
No. I would rather watch the Ivy League play. What has always brought enjoyment to me was the school spirit - the passion for the University. It runs deeper than the game. It's why the NFL has never held the same interest with me, even though the level of play is so much higher there.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
No. I would be solely a 49ers fan. I hat how young people think they are so entitled. Make me ashamed to be apart of my generation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bama70

3rd Team
Oct 19, 2011
NE Alabama
Even without the"elite" players i would still be a University of Alabama fan. I could care less about a minor league or for that matter professional football team.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
If all the blue chip recruits skipped college and went to the NFL's minor league, I'd still cheer for Alabama. They might have the talent of today's Sun Belt, but you can bet they'd still be among the best in the country playing college ball.

p'colabamaman

All-SEC
Sep 16, 2008
Pace, FL.
If all the blue chip recruits skipped college and went to the NFL's minor league, I'd still cheer for Alabama. They might have the talent of today's Sun Belt, but you can bet they'd still be among the best in the country playing college ball.
If Bama had the talent level of the Sun Belt, it would just mean that the rest of the SEC would have about the same talent. That would still make for some pretty good football games. I absolutely would not support a TTown minor league or any kind of unionized league.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.