Auburn DL Tyler Nero Passes Out During Practice's "Pace" Drill

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Article

Nero passed out during a "pace" drill, a routine workout early in practice in which Auburn runs its offense at a fast pace against the defense.
I'm going to borrow a tinfoil hat from ITAT and wonder what caused Nero's collapse.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I hope Tyler is ok & he makes a fast full recovery..Gus needs to keep his players health at the top of his agenda & not how fast he can get his players to go..Cause the human body can only take so much endurance before it starts shutting down(especially the Big Boys)..I truly hope a death of a player in a HUNH offense "isn't" what it's going to take to slow Gus & the rest of these offenses down..And it will happen one of these days if the NCAA doesn't slow them down..Cause with all the attention Coach Saban has had in his stance of players safety, Gus will go even faster now to prove his point, just for spite & it will eventually end bad for one of his players..

Last edited:

BamaFanatJSU

1st Team
Apr 24, 2008
Rainbow City, AL
I hope Tyler is ok & he makes a fast full recovery..Gus needs to keep his players health at the top of his agenda & not how fast he can get his players to go..Cause the human body can only take so much endurance before it starts shutting down(especially the Big Boys)..I truly hope a death of a player in a HUNH offense is not what it's going to take to slow Gus & the rest of these offenses down..but it might happen one of these days if the NCAA doesn't slow them down..Cause with all the attention Coach Saban has had in his stance of players safety, Gus will go even faster now to prove his point, just for spite & it will eventually end bad for one of his players..
I'm sure the above edit is what you actually intended to convey. I don't think any of us want to see the death of a player being the impetus for a forced slow-down of the HUNH.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
The hurry up offense is not a safety concern! It's not, there are no known links to running people to the point of extreme exhaustion and deaths! That's just science mumbo jumbo made up by Nick Saban to stop these offenses!

alwayshavebeen

All-SEC
Sep 22, 2013
North Carolina
Guys I'm not sure this is the "smoking gun" to prove the hunh offense is dangerous to players. They're a thousand reasons this might have happened. BTW - I agree 100% with Coach Saban and others about the dangers...but this isn't one of them.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Every "conditioning" session I've ever been in and around has involved at least one guy passing out or puking up his guts. SEVERAL factors involved. Not sure this unique to what Gus is doing

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
Yeah, let's not act like only Auburn has kids that suffer effects from conditioning. This could have been dehydration, a blood sugar issue, or any number of things.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
No, we just need to face facts that some football players are just plain out of shape.
A guy at my school died during football practice. He wasn't a big guy or anything, he was just enduring extreme exertion that his body was incapable of sustaining.

That's the most common way for football players to die during the course of athletic activity. Not from a hit, from running. That's just reality.

BigBama76

Suspended
Oct 26, 2011
Atlanta, GA
A guy at my school died during football practice. He wasn't a big guy or anything, he was just enduring extreme exertion that his body was incapable of sustaining.

That's the most common way for football players to die during the course of athletic activity. Not from a hit, from running. That's just reality.
I played football in the late 60's and early 70's. Knowing what we know now it's a miracle we all didn't die with only one water break and salt tablets. Of course I didn't have air conditioned housing until I went to UA in 72.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.